Monday, February 17, 2020

Schmidts Naturals Bergamot + Lime Bar Soap Review


I had the best weekend ever. 2020 has been great for me so far. I''m super tired now and should probably be sleeping.-but I have a few things I need to do. So I figured I would do a quick blog post.
On bergamot and lime soap!

Schmidts claims:
Aromatic and moisture-rich, Schmidt's soaps provide a luxurious cleansing routine. With exfoliation orange peel. Aromatic, cleansing, moisturizing. Natural formula derived from plants. True soap, not detergent based. Rich, sudsy lather. Vegan and Cruelty free. 

The first time I used this I was so disappointed. It was basically unscented. I'm not sure if washing off the top layer really helped out,, but after that I could actually pick up the lime. Not really the bergamot. But I'm sure it's there. It really reminds me of the lime in the Lime Basil soap from Zum Bar. Lime is  happy, bright, and uplifting scent. So I really liked it. 

But it's pretty light.

The soap itself is a nice, decent sized green bar. It says it has orange peel in it for exfoliation....errr no. It's not going to get your dead skin off. I don't think I even noticed any peel in the soap.

Lathers well. And DOES NOT dry my skin. Usually bars like this make my skin dry, tight, ashy, and itchy. My skin looks pretty healthy and I can happily skip lotion.

It's all natural with some ingredients you don't typically see. Such as turmeric (which is great for your skin) and the copper complex. I don't really know what it's supposed to do and I'm way to sleepy to actually google it. 

Ingredients:
dium Palmate (Sustainably Harvested), Sodium Palm Kernelate (Sustainably Harvested), Water, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sodium Gluconate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Powder, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex


Overall, I like it. If you like citrus soaps..this is one to try! I have both essential oils so I'm thinking I need to try the both of them in the diffuser. 




No comments:

Post a Comment