Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Samples Review: Mimosa Cucumber Splash Body Butter, Chanel Le Lift Cream, Chanel Chance Perfume

This week has been so stressful....but I did have really good news in the beginning of the week. So I've been living my life extremely happy at times and wanting to pull my hair out the next moment. Really I'm just waiting for the weekend. In the meantime a blog post. I've gone through a couple of samples...I don't come across very many these days and figured it was time to post! 


1. Mimosa Cucumber Splash Body Butter- I don't like Cucumber body products. I don't think I've come across one that I've liked but I had two sample packets and thought why not try it? First of all, the sample packs don't have hardly anything in them  so I don't feel like I was able to get an accurate feel for how it moisturizes. I didn't like the scent either so....I was hoping I would get a sample packet of a different scent but no such luck. Ah well. Take away is that I wouldn't purchase.


2. Chanel Le Lift Cream- From the website I'm gathering that this is supposed to be an anti-wrinkle cream. It smells kind of floral and apple like. But not fresh apple, like an apple after you bit it and let it sit around for 30 minutes. It's hydrating but does make my skin look a little greasy. It's mostly a regular face cream. I think the retail price is $165. I wouldn't pay more than 10, but maybe it's better on wrinkled, mature skin?


3. Chanel Chance- I really want to buy Chanel Number 5. It's super iconic and I tried it in store recently and actually really liked it. I do still want to try out the Chanel perfumes so I'm glad I got this...but I wasn't really impressed. This one is OK. Just nothing memorable about it. It kind of smells like everything and nothing all at the same time. Oddly enough, all the notes in it sound like something that would massively appeal to me. Odd.


Random:
I got my order from "The Honey Pot". I'm sure everyone heard the controversy behind the commercial, so I decided to support. Also...I like supporting black owned business so I had to place that order. I need to make more of an effort to support more black owned business. Anyway...I'm feeling good about my purchase ☺️




No comments:

Post a Comment