Friday, March 20, 2020

Schmidt's Ylang Ylang + Calendula with Turmeric and Exfoliating Apricot Seed Soap Review




My last Schmidt's soap review for probably a little while. I do like them for the most part and will likely end up trying them all.As for this one, you don't come across many Ylang Ylang scented products in the natural beauty world. Or at least I haven't. The most recent thing I had tried was a body oil I picked up in a German store. I know Lush scents use it quite a bit, I'm pretty certain it's in the every popular Honey I washed The Kids soap, and Karma as well. 

Anyway....back to this soap.

Schmidt claims:
Aromatic and moisture-rich, Schmidt's soaps provide a luxurious cleansing routine. With turmeric & exfoliating apricot seed. Aromatic, cleansing, and moisturizing. Natural formula derived from plants. True saponified soap; not detergent-based. Creates a rich, sudsy lather. Free of SLS, PEG, phthalates, artificial fragrance, and artificial dyes

This first time I used it, I was a little impressed with the scent. It smells like Ylang Ylang and fresh flowers. Not exactly my favorite scent but I was shocked just how floral it really smelled. That was the first time I used it. I don't think it has smelled the same since Mostly non-scented and every now and then I catch a whiff but the scent isn't anything remarkable. It's forgettable.

As for the soap itself, lathers well, rinses clean. and actually exfoliates a bit. Although the apricot seeds are just a teeny scratchy. I kind of like that since I feel it is actually working. 

It doesn't leave my skin really dry...just slightly dry and kind of rough. My skin could definitely be softer. I think the other soaps I've tried from them left my skin a bit softer.

As for ingredients, there aren't a lot of products that use turmeric and I really love turmeric on my skin so I was glad to see it. Calendula is great for skin conditions. Ingredients are great-no complaints.

Ingredients: 
Sodium Palmate (Sustainably Harvested), Sodium Palm Kernelate (Sustainably Harvested), Water, Glycerin, Cananga Odorata (Ylang-Ylang) Essential Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sodium Gluconate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Powder, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Beta-Carotene

Overall, glad I was able to try it out. But not something I would buy again nor recommend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment