Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Ordinary 100% Cold Pressed Borage Seed Oil Review

  A while back I hauled some oils from The Ordinary. That have great prices on oils (compared to Sephora) and it's been awhile since I've tried the less commonly known oils. I decided to start with Sea Buckthorn oil but as its so potently orange, I can't really use it on a daily basis. So I decided to open up another oil, just to put on in the daytime. 

The Ordinary claims:
This formulation contains 100% pure Borage Seed Oil that is sustainably-sourced, organic and cold-pressed. This soothing and nourishing oil contains an exceptionally high concentration of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an important essential fatty acid, as well as linoleic, oleic, stearic and palmitic acids. Borage Seed Oil offers a calming effect, helps maintain healthy skin and is suited particularly well for the dry and/or irritated skin conditions. 

Notes: Supplied in UV-protective packaging. 

Directions

Apply a few drops daily or as needed to entire face ideally after water-based treatments. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to our in-depth guide to patch testing. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients

Borago Officinalis Seed Oil 

Produced In China


This oil is one of the most affordable oils at only $4.20 an once. You really can't beat that price. I was really impressed with the shipping time, and I love the packaging. Everything comes in glass packaging with a dropper. I love anything that comes in glass and especially droppers. 

As far as the way it looks..it's just like any other oil.

The problem is the smell. I don't know how anything so foul can come from a plant. They kind of look like weeds and not really something I would want growing in my backyard.


Anyway, it smells like vinegar and rotting meat. It smells horrendous. It's the worse smelling oil I've ever used in my life. And the smell doesn't dissipate. It sticks around for hours and I can even detect it in my room, just lingering around.

I tried it on my face three times. And I just can't put it on my face anymore. So now I use it on the body part that is furthest from my face- my feet. I try to use it once a week, but honestly it smells so awful I hate even using it that often. I just can't get past the smell.

I own a bunch of nice smelling essential oils, but I just can't bring myself to mix them with this. I don't believe there is anything in the world you could add to this to improve the scent.

I did notice the days I used it on my face, my face was really soft and hydrated. But almost any other oil does that. It doesn't do the same on my heels, they are still kinda rough. I did read it's supposed to be good for skin conditions like Eczema..but honestly I would recommend Shea Butter over this.

I usually like to try different oils in my hair. Under no circumstances would I ever put this in my hair.

I did do a blog search to see if I had tried any products that contained it. I came up with the Mixed Chicks Shampoo and the Burts Bee's Shea Butter Hand Cream.  Neither were products I liked or would purchase again.

Overall, it's a skip and something I would probably never purchase again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment