Monday, May 18, 2020

A Wild Soap Bar Prickly Pear Bar Soap Review



This is the first bar from A Wild Soap that I am actually familiar with the main ingredient of the soap. Last year I found prickly pears in my local grocery store (random). I didn't know what it was, it was in German and I didn't have time to look it up. So I grabbed it and into the cart it went. I love trying new things, especially new fruits. That being said, I wasn't a big fan of the prickly pear. Too many seeds and although most of the prickly parts were taken off, I still got pricked a couple of times. Also the flavor of the ones I bought weren't really anything special.

A Wild Soap Bar claims:
Skin loving prickly pear cactus teams up with soothing aloe vera to enrich this exfoliating bar, scented with an energizing rosemary mint essential oil blend that will drive you wild! 3.5 oz boxed bar

So I'll start off with the scent. It isn't very scented...but if I smelled it really hard sometimes I would get a whiff of what I thought was prickly pear. But in the shower it was basically unscented which was a little disappointing. I like strong scents, but if you don't this might be the bar for you. The bar does state that it is supposed to be Rosemary Mint..but I don't get that at all. If you are looking for a great Rosemary Mint soap, I would recommend Zum's version over this one.

The first thing I noticed about it was that it has exfoliating bits in it. I was a little surprised at first but when I think about the name and fruit, it makes sense. But I don't like the exfoliating bits because they are too scratchy.

The soap itself lathers up really well, cleans well....and doesn't leave my skin super dry. But I could still use a little lotion afterwards. 

Ingredients:
saponified certified organic vegetable oils (extra virgin olive, coconut, sustainable palm, sunflower, castor), distilled water, essential oils (rosemary, lavandin, benzoin, spearmint, tea tree), rose kaolin clay, certified organic & wild prickly pear cactus, certified organic aloe vera juice, sea salt, wild red sandalwood, cosmetic grade pigments

Overall, I wasn't really impressed with it. There are other soaps from the brand that I would prefer buying over this particular one like the Blue Agave.

No comments:

Post a Comment