Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Karyn White


It's time for another music post. I always hear about a time when Karyn White was bigger than Whitney Houston (in the 80's), but it's crazy how these days most people know who Whitney is and I don't hear any talk of Karyn White. Which is sad because I LOVE her music. She has a great, unique voice and she can DANCE.

Of course, Love Saw it is a classic. Another song Babyface is responsible for and Karyn White did her thing on. I love, love, LOVE this song. I wish there was a live version with both of them.


Hungah is also another one of my favorites. I  miss music like this 😭 A Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis classic. I know she worked with them a lot.


Can I Stay with You is that song I can replay forever. It's 1.30 a.m here but if it wasn't I would be blasting this.You already know it was penned by Babyface.



I'd Rather Be Alone is another jam. I feel all the lyrics in this song, everyday of my life I would rather be alone than be unhappy. The lyrics were especially relevant at a certain time in my life, knowledge can be gained from music.



The Way You Love Me is also basically another favorite. I'm probably overusing that word. But these really are all my favorites.



One Minute is my song too...I think it's slept on. Really the whole Make Him Do Right album was fire.


I didn't discover this song until I was grown. I grew up listing to Karyn White albums, but I don't think my parents had the Secret Rendezvous album. Love it!


Did I save the best for last? Superwoman is that SONG. I think everyone knows this song, it still gets a lot of radio play today on the  old school stations. Who doesn't know the lyrics to Superwoman? This song will have you in your feels. Had to pick a live clip (wish there were more on youtube). I know every ad lib to this song.



She really is one of my favorites. Definitely check out her music.


No comments:

Post a Comment