Tuesday, May 12, 2020

K-Ci & Jo Jo


I did a post not too long ago on Jodeci...now it's time to talk K-Ci and Jo Jo. As already stated...K-Ci definitely is my favorite voice in both groups. His voice is just raspy, edgy, gruff and unique (until Sisqo bit his style, you know he did! ). 

Anyway...these are the songs on my playlist.

Of course, it goes without saying that All My Life is at the top of the list. It was the first K-Ci and Jo Jo song I fell in love with. I could not get enough of the song when it came out. The lyrics, the voices, everything about it is perfect. I even remember trying to figure out how to play the piano part. 


Life is from the Life soundtrack for the movie Life. I love the movie. I only know this song as well as I do because my Dad used to blast it. It's one of my favorites too. The best way to listen to this is LOUD. Then you just get lost completely in the song. 



If You Think You're Lonely Now by Bobby Womack is one of my favorite songs...Ever. Bobby tore that song up! But I really like this version too because I like hearing K-Ci testify 😂. It usually makes me go listen to the original and go on a Bobby music binge from there. 

Crazy is a classic. I think this is probably their second most well known song. Although I could do without the scenes from Save the Last Dance (hate that movie). 

Tell Me It's Real is a classic. I'm surprised it's not slept on at almost 40 million views. I feel like I never hear this on the radio anymore. 

How Could You is a must listen as well.



Other songs in the playlist-
How Long Must I Cry
All The Things I Should Have Known

Actually looking through this list I'm starting to question...do I really like Jodeci more than K-Ci and Jo Jo? Nah, but they solid tho. 

No comments:

Post a Comment