Wednesday, May 13, 2020

No. 4711 Original Eau De Cologne Review


I'm so happy tomorrow is my Friday. It's been a long week. A long, long week. Today..I have a cologne review. I think maybe the first one I've bought...purely for the history of it. This cologne has been produced since 1792. Right in Cologne, Germany which is only about two hours from me. When the world is a healthier I plan on visiting the factory. I did visit Cologne last year for a Christmas market but had no idea it was home to one of the worlds oldest colognes. If I had known then...


4711 claims:
What makes 4711 Original Eau de Cologne so special is the careful selection of high-quality ingredients and essential oils. The exact composition is still a closely guarded secret. The conscious emphasising of the light and vitalising top note of 4711 Original Eau de Cologne gives it its characteristic and pleasant fragrance.

The precious ingredients are carefully harmonised. Bergamot, lemon, and orange provide a uniquely revitalising effect. Lavender and rosemary have a calming and relaxing effect, strengthening the nerves. Neroli, extracted from the blossom of the bitter orange, has a calming effect in the base note, creating a positive mood.

Made In Germany 


So this is an old school cologne and it looks like it. Which is one thing I really like about it. Vintage packaging is fascinating to me and the packaging is mostly the same as it was almost 200 years ago according to the website. 

It has a little hole in the bottle so you can splash it on. Which works well! 


I first saw this Online because I was looking to buy a new perfume and this just happened to come up. I was intrigued by the bottle and quickly looked up a little history, which is when I stumbled on it being produced only two hours from where I live. Of course, I had to get myself a bottle and found it in a local store along with other varieties like Jasmine, Rose, etc. It comes in much larger and smaller bottles as well. 

I'm pretty sure I bought it for 5 or 6 Euro. I forgot the price now, but it doesn't break the bank at all.

As for scent...it smells like lemons, maybe some orange and petitgrain oil. I recently bought the essential oil otherwise I wouldn't know that, but I definitely pick up petitgrain. I can't say I can pick up on Lavender or Rosemary. It's nothing revolutionary. And it smelled very familiar to me although I was pretty sure I never smelled it before. It's also pretty unisex. I can see both men and women using it. 

It's nice. I like it.

And it sticks around a lot longer than I was expecting. Hours later I can still smell it and it's nice. It would probably be especially nice in the summer. 

Ingredients:
Alchohol, Water, Fragrance (parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Geranial, Citral, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol 
86% Volume 

Overall, I'm very happy I was able to try it out. It's not a must have but I will enjoy using up the rest of the bottle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment