Monday, May 11, 2020

Lush A French Kiss Bubble Bar Review (New Formula)


It's been a long time since I've used a bubble bar. I forgot how fun they are. I'm not sure why I ordered this one though....the description didn't really appeal to me. I love Lavender scents but hate Lavender mixed with Rosemary and have never smelled it mixed with Thyme. First sniff...I hated it. 

Lush claims:
There are a few ways to French kiss, but we like to keep it clean by French Kiss-ing with a luxurious bubble bath. The herbal scents of lavender, rosemary and thyme are blended with essential oils from the hills of sun-soaked Provence to create a bubbly bar that helps to calm the mind for more restful sleep. It's even topped with a sprig of lavender to remind you to lie back into the serene purple waters and soak up all the relaxation.

UK 4.95  US $9.95 (Too much) 

It recently received a makeover. I actually think it was cuter before.  

It does still come with a Lavender Sprig. I was too lazy to dig through the box again. And something that seems like bath melt/on top. 

At first sniff, I hated it. It smells exactly like what you would get if you mixed Lavender/Rosemary/Thyme. A bit of a masculine lavender scent. Now that I've smelled it more... it's growing on me. But every couple of minutes in the bath tub I changed my mind...I like it, I can't stand it, I like it. I still haven't really made up my mind on the scent.

The scent was reasonably strong. Didn't fill the whole bathroom but I could definitely smell it in the bath. 

It does stick to your skin though, and the scent it leaves behind is nice.


As for the bath water...it was pretty. Nice and purple- which used to be my favorite color. The bubbles were OK. They didn't stick around very long and weren't the most bubbles ever-but I only used half the bar. I don't think using the whole thing is necessary, but the tub I have is smalleršŸ˜­


It made the water feel soft. But when I got out my skin was pretty parched...but still soft. I think that may be the nature of bubble bars because of the SLS.

Ingredients:
Baking Soda, Cream of Tarter, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocoa Butter, Laurel Betaine,  Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Rosemary Oil, Thyme Oil, Lavender Oil, Lavender Absolute, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Synthetic Fluophlogopite, Tix Oxide, Laureth 4, Limonene, Linalool, Colour, Lavender Sprig

Overall: I liked it, I didn't like it, I liked it, I didn't like it. I can't make up my mind. It wouldn't be on the top of the list for repurchase. But if you like Lavender/Herbal scents it might be worth trying. I bought mine from the UK site for 4.95 and it is almost ten dollars on the US site- way overpriced! 



No comments:

Post a Comment