Monday, June 8, 2020

Lush The Olive Branch Bath Bomb Review

I don't normally post two bath bombs reviews in a row but I took a mini break from blogging last week. It was a rough week. It's getting better though. Definitely getting better. I've been following Lush Instagram account (Lush USA) and I like how they've really been getting vocal and involved. For years I've seen campaigns for orangutans, turtles, the rain forest (these are important causes but....) - I never though they would get involved in BLM. Mostly because it's controversial, it's been largely ignored all companies and on and on, until now. Maybe 2020 is the year of change- or at least I'm hopeful it will be.


Lush claims:
Slink into the citrus-clad cocktail of bergamot, lemon, and Sicilian red mandarin, and allow your mind to be transported to a majestic mediterranean landscape of turquoise shores fringed by white sands. A trio of zesty oils brighten and revive the skin, while a reassuring aroma of orange flower absolute creates a subtle, yet sophisticated scent that awakens the mind and stirs the spirit. Fair Trade olive oil is released from the bath bomb as it ripples through the water, hydrating the skin. 

UK 3.95 (Pounds)  US 6.95

I've heard many, many raves for the Olive Branch. To be honest...the name doesn't draw me in so it was one I've always ignored. But I was curious so it ended up in my cart. I'm not sure how to describe the scent. It smells really good...not necessary very citrus like, a little floral maybe? .

I usually dissolve the bomb in shallow water, run more water after I leave the room and come back to see how it scented the bathroom. It smelled amazing. But less so in the actual water. It had a weird note to it, kind of reminded me of licorice even though I'm not sure it really smelled like Licorice. The scent in the air was really good though and decently strong.

As for the bomb itself..it colors the water orange, my favorite color, and reminds me of creamsicles. It was a pleasant experience...but not much of a show. I'm ok with that tho.

I was shocked that this one did not dry my skin. Must have been the Olive Oil. The scent also really stuck around and it smelled really nice on my skin. 


I know a lot of people really liked the shower gel...which I did hear changed from the original, but I'm still curious to try it out. Maybe in the Naked format. I should check the website to see if it's currently in stock. 



Ingredients:
Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Bergamot Oil, Lemon Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Sicilian Red Mandarin Oil, Fair Trade Olive Oil, Water, Cream of Tarter, Titanium Dioxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Butylphenyl Methylpropianol, Limoneme, Linalool, Perfume, Color 

Overall, I enjoyed it. Not the first one that would come to mind for repurchase...but it was nice. 





No comments:

Post a Comment