Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Princess and the Frog Recipes: Juju's Juleps


 I suddenly have the urge to watch the Princess and the Frog. It's been awhile since I've seen it, I think that's what I'll be doing on my Friday. Anyway...another drink recipe. The book only came with two. But it's a nice change from the things I usually make. I almost never make drinks- except smoothies. But that's different


This recipe was super easy. And I was 2/3 invested in the flavor. I love ginger ale. I've been drinking a lot of ginger ale lately. It's my new favorite drink. And lemonade of course. I just wasn't too keen on trying the mint. I'm not a fan of mojitos and this recipe made me think of them...even though the flavor is probably completely different. 

All you do is let 2 cups of water, 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice, 1/3 cup sugar, and 4 mint leaves mingle and get to know each other in a bowl for 30 minutes. Take out the mint

Add 4 cups ginger ale. Transfer to pitcher, serve with ice. 

Easy...but not my favorite. I would rather skip all these steps and just drink ginger ale straight from the bottle. Or lemonade. 

But if was fun to try. I'm sure a kid would have a lot of fun making it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment