Monday, June 1, 2020

Lush The Comforter Bath Bomb Review


I'm soooo tired...I want write this post but at the same time I'm ready to close the computer and go straight to sleep. I'll have to see if I can make it through the post. I love taking baths, they are comforting. And in this world...we need comfort. It is a little comforting to see people that I never saw speak out against police brutality/murder against the black community, finally understanding why we say #blacklivesmatter. I see companies taking a stand...beauty brands like E.L.F, Estee Lauder, Lush etc speaking out about what's going on. I'm hoping this time we can finally see some change, it's been a long time coming and we're tired. I have so much more to say...but if I did we would be here all day. So I'll just get to reviewing the bath bomb.

Lush claims:
Fizzing fast to create fruity foam of purple, pink and white, this cloud-like ball of cassis will help you unwind before you hit the hay. A merry berry blanket of blackcurrant comforts and a burst of brightening bergamot oil refreshes and resets the mind. Meanwhile, soothing cypress oil ushers in a tide of comfort and joy.
UK 3.95 Pounds US 7.95

Years and years ago I reviewed the bubble bar (Lush Comforter Bubble Bar) ...which I wasn't too thrilled with. It didn't have enough scent for me so I was hoping this bath bomb would deliver in scent where the bubble bars failed me. 

It's just as cute as the bubble bar and really quite large for a bath bomb. It kind of looks like a berry or  something to me. As for scent...I love the way it smells. It smells like a sweet and sour berry with the perfect amount of vanilla mixed in. It smells amazing! I love that Lush uses essential oils in their products, this one has Bergamot (one of my faves) and Cypress. I don't think it smells anything like those oils though but I think it's just in there for the aromatherapy benefits. 

I can't remember exactly how strong the bubble bar was...but this wasn't as strong as I wanted it to be. It was kind of light scented but I could still smell it. I wish it was stronger though! 


It wasn't a quick fizzer, wasn't a slow fizzier. It made the water a very pretty raspberry pink color, it was fun bathing in pink water. 


Ingredients:
Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Bergamot Oil, Cassis  (Black Currant) Absolute, Cypress Oil, Water, Cream of Tarter, Titanium Dioxide, Corn Starch, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluophlorgopite, Tin Oxide, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Limonene, Perfume, Color 

It was a relaxing and comforting bath but I'm not sure I would buy it again..however I do plan on trying the Poppy soap because it's the same scent and I want something with the scent that I can get multiple uses out of. I wish they made it in a lotion or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment