Thursday, July 9, 2020

Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar (Made In Germany)


I can't believe I never reviewed the Dove Beauty Bar- the original at least. I grew up using Dove. Used it so much I was tired of it and couldn't wait to branch out and buy something different. Whenever I would go to visit my grandmas (both of them), Dove was the soap in their bathroom as well. The original one was the one we usually had but sometimes we had the sensitive, exfoliating one, or the cucumber one. I didn't realize the bars were made anywhere other than the US. So when I saw it was made in Germany, into the cart it went.

Dove claims:

For skin that looks soft, smooth and radiant, turn to the Dove Beauty Bar. With ¼ moisturizing cream, it goes beyond cleansing, nourishing skin as it washes away the day…

The secret to beautiful skin is moisture, and no ordinary bar hydrates like Dove. That’s because Dove isn’t soap, it’s a Beauty Bar.  While ordinary soaps can strip skin of essential nutrients, Dove Beauty Bar has mild cleansers to care for skin and effectively wash away dirt and germs. Made with our ¼ moisturizing cream, Dove Beauty Bar leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth, and radiant. You can see why we call it a Beauty Bar.







What's interesting about Dove is in Germany you buy them one bar at a time. In the US you have to at least buy a two pack or larger. After I got over just buying one bar (it was about 50 euro cents), I noticed it smelled a little better than I remember the US Dove smelling. It could just be that I haven't smelled a bar from the US in so long. I should go pick one up just for comparison. Maybe next weekend. 

Anyway...it smelled like nostalgia to me. Sweet nostalgia.  Although back in the day I was tired of the scent, I realize now I actually really like it. It just smells really fresh and clean and dove like. I can see why Dove has been around for decades now. 

It lathers nicely...and isn't drying. Except on the legs. I'm not sure why but since I was a kid it always dried out my lower legs and ankles. 

It's not a soap- or legally you can't really call it soap because it doesn't meet the legal requirements to be called a soap. So instead it's a beauty bar. With a quarter moisturizing cream (marketing hype).

The ingredients are not all natural by any means. It's a synthetic beauty bar for sure. Which isn't my favorite thing to use on my skin, but it has it's advantages. The soap scum isn't as bad so it doesn't make a complete mess if you use it in the bathtub. 

Ingredients:
Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Aqua, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alumina, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, CI 77891.

Overall, I think it's my favorite soap in the drugstore and I will probably keep at least 1-2 around. 






No comments:

Post a Comment