Friday, July 24, 2020

Gillette Venus Sensitive Razor Review


I hate shaving. It's right up there with dusting and washing dishes for me. So...most of the time I don't. But it's necessary sometimes. So I keep a few razors on deck. I bought these on super clearance last year. I think they were only about $2 and some change so I grabbed a pack of each of the razors they had on clearance and started with this package first. 

Gillete claims:
3 blades for a smooth shave and SkinElixir that releases a perfect dose of protection you can feel.


I bought these the summer I was looking into buying an electric razor. I was trying to be environmental conscious and stop contributing to the plastic waste that goes in a landfill and sits and sits. But all the razors come with that pesky little cancer warning on the box so in the store it stayed. Then I bought a bunch of these and forgot about my quest for a good electric razor. 

I don't have particularly sensitive skin but I have had a reaction to cheap razors.  I would get bumps, nicks and cuts, and the cheaper razors dull fast. Just because of that it is worth it to pay a little more for a better quality razor. 

The first time I used this, I had a reaction and it was uncomfortable and bumpy. I was confused at how I could use the regular razors from Gillette and my skin was fine, but I used the sensitive and it left me feeling like I used a cheapie razor. 

Luckily, I didn't have that problem later on and haven't had it since. I keep my razors for awhile. I don't throw them out until they get noticeably dull so this pack will likely last me the whole year.

It looks like any other Venus Razor, it has the nice comfy handle, doesn't feel cheap, and doesn't fall apart. 

That being said...this one isn't my favorite. I don't feel like it gets as close so my skin doesn't feel as smooth. Which is the whole point of shaving in the first place. I've used better from Gillette. I really need to try the mens razors- Ive heard those are best and they tend to be cheaper than razors marketed at women.

Anyway...I probably wouldn't buy again. I had another razor (can't remember the name and I didn't review them) from Venus I liked more than these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment