Monday, July 27, 2020

Kenny Lattimore


When I think of Kenny Lattimore, Donny Hathaways music usually pops into my head. There's not many people that can sang a Donny Hathaway song ....but I can think of two right off the bat. Kenny Lattimore  and Damian Hall. He has one of the best voices and some of the best chill songs of the 90's.

We'll start with Not Too Busy. I miss lyrics like these. Time is one of the most valuable things you can give someone and here this man singing about how he's NEVER TOO BUSY 😍.


Love Me Back is a newer song. I heard it on the radio quite a bit and never realized it was Kenny Lattimore. It's a good song though. I like the Live performances too but the quality of the recordings isn't the greatest.


I Love You More than You'll Ever Know is when I realized how much range and emotion he puts into his music. There's not a lot of people that can sing this song. Everything about it is perfect, lyrics, the fact that it's dripping with soul. I think Donnys version is my favorite, but this hold's it's own. I keep them both in my playlist. 


For You is another one of my favorites. Those lyrics tho ❤️. The Live version is beautiful too.




Other Faves:
Forever- Off of his self titled album which is one of my favorite albums. Top Ten Album for sure.
I Won't Let You Down
Joy 
Just What It Takes
EveryBody Here Wants You 
Live With You

Since we're here, may as well talk about my faves with Chante Moore. I love, love, love her music and voice. They re-did some classics, which were fun to listen to but most times didn't really top the originals. But I had a few faves anyway


When I Said I Do is probably their biggest hit. It makes a good wedding song so I can see why.


Other Faves:
With You I'm Born Again- I love the original by Billy Preston and Syreeta. I originally discovered this song when Mariah and John Legend covered it at an awards show. The song had me, even if their version wasn't my favorite
Figure it Out

I wish they had more live clips together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment