Saturday, July 18, 2020

Kelly Price




It's already time for another music post. Today we talk Kelly Price. She has one of my favorite voices and a mind blowing range. She makes singing look and sound effortless, in my head (only in my head), I sound just like her. 

I know most of her music because back in the day when I got my first IPOD, I stole most of my Dad's collections and he had a few of her albums. I guess I spent a lot of time listening to them, because I know almost all the lyrics today.

Speaking of lyrics, I notice some artist's have a theme, and a recurring topic of her music is cheating. Either she's married and cheating , or the man she's with is cheating. Someone is always cheating. As We Lay, Friend of Mine, All I Want Is You, Married Man and many many more.

Anyway..these are my favorite's. 

Friend of Mine- The remix of course. It's a classic, I can listen to it on repeat. Also, it's a part of Mr. Bigg saga, and I'm a big fan of Ronald Isle so you already know.


Mirror Mirror has got to be my 2nd favorite Price song. I don't think I've felt this particular situation...not exactly but I FEEL every single one of these lyrics. That's how you can tell a good singer (they can make you feel a song). Also, it samples Bill Wither's Memories Are That Way. Which is another song I absolutely love. 

 
Next up, is Her. Another song with lyrics I haven't experienced, but this song still takes me there like I have. I can see the music video playing out in my head. 


It's Gonna Rain is another of my FAVORITES. I just found out there was a music video for it. She looks so pretty in this video. Got that 90's makeup look I love so much 😍 



Tired- I was late to this song.....but it pretty much sums up how I feel about 2020.

 
I think As We Lay came out when I was in the sixth grade. I had it on random R&B mix album and I ALWAYS skipped it. I kind of hated the song. As I grew up it grew up it grew on me. This song really shows off her vocal abilities. Originally sung by Shirley Murdoch, I actually don't have a preference. Kelly did her thing on this song. 


All I Want Is You has K-Ci Hailey and Gerald ❤️ . Also that whole cheating thing again. I find this song hilarious.. she telling the same lies to both men. 


Love Sets You Free has all the talents.

I didn't feel this song until I heard her do her thing live. Also, the short cut had me wanting to cut off all my hair. Healing is definitely a Gospel song, it's obvious her roots are in Gospel. The best singers are always born out of the church I think.




Other favorites:
At Least (The Little Things)- My JAM!
Can't Run Away 
Married Man- And again with the cheating
You Should've Told Me- The Mirror Mirror album was bomb.

She really is one of my top five favorite voices. 





No comments:

Post a Comment