Monday, July 20, 2020

Out of Africa Vanilla Body Lotion Review


I meant to write this post last night but we started watching the latest season of Good Girls. I have a hard time finding shows I really like because I have a short attention span. But I'm really into Good Girls. I stan  Ruby and Stan's relationship. Also...RIO. He is scary, but something about him is so attractive. Anyway, we got almost half way through the season and I can't wait for the weekend to watch the rest. 

Out of Africa claims:
Vanilla – Comforting & soothing to the skin and your senses
All over body moisturizer, with superb quality ingredients. Use regularly after bath or shower to helps nourish. hydrate, and maintain skin elasticity and tone.
• Naturally rich in vitamins and antioxidants A, E and F
• Nourishes, hydrates, and revitalizes skin
• Made with 10% Pure and Unrefined Shea Butter
• Maintains skin elasticity and tone
• Made with essential oil
• Even better when applied after showering with Out of Africa body wash
Made in USA
The Out of Africa Vanilla Shea Butter is one of my favorite moisturizers/scented Shea Butters. I was curious about their lotion, but I don't really buy lotion anymore, just because body oils, shea butter mixes are more natural and usually a lot more hydrating.

My Mom found a bunch of them on clearance and gave me a bottle. So I figured I would try it out and review. 

The bottle comes with a pump- but the pump was broken (why it was on clearance) so I just replaced the top with one I had lying around and it was good to go. 

It's on the thinner side, and not the most moisturizing. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. Maybe more normal types that just get slightly dry. It just rubs in and disappears so quickly.

The smell is really nice though. It smells like a tub of  pre-made vanilla icing. And it sticks around too!

Most lotions are not all natural, just because lotion contains water and anytime you have a formula with water you must have preservatives and then they usually add a few thickeners etc. I do like the second ingredients is Shea Butter (fair trade). 

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Unrefined Shea Butter, Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauryl Glutamate, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Dimethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol


Overall it was just OK. I do still want to try the oil and will forever buy and strongly recommend the Vanilla Shea Butter.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment