Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Lush Blue Skies Fluffy White Clouds Bubble Bar Review



I'm just siting back observing the world. The news has been crazy lately, and with everything going on- take care of your mental health. There are so many people dealing with anxiety, depression, and everything happening in the world today can't be helping. I know exactly what refreshes me,  a nice long bath, paining my nails and a little retail therapy. I was on Fashion to Figure recently and saw the cutest outfit. 

I don't know where I'm going in that outfit, but I'm going somewhere.

Lush claims: 
A double-sized bubble bar scented for when you need to get away from it all, this bubble bar will help you float off. Patchouli and frankincense give it an exotic, hypnotic fragrance that helps you relax. This melts into your bathwater, turning the water sky-blue, dotted with foam clouds. Patchouli is used as a relaxant by aromatherapists, while frankincense and cinnamon leaf oil add spicy, deep tones to the calming scent.

UK 5.95 US 12.95 


So Blue Skies, Fluffy White Clouds smells nothing like I imagined in my mind. It's a woody, earthy patchouli, frankincense scent. I'm a fan of woody and earthy. For some reason I've never been a fan of patchouli and frankincense blended though. But I reserved judgement for when it would meet it's demise in hot running water. I've heard the scent changes and smells better in the bathtub. But not to me. It smelled more of the same. It's just...OK. Luckily it's not overpowering or I've had it awhile and it's lost some scent. Even though I didn't love the scent, I do have to admit it was still really relaxing. 

I finally understood the name though. The water is your sky and the bubbles are the clouds. Clever.  The sky blue water was nice, a little different than the usual colors of Lush. 

I think I'm starting to like the bubble bars more than the bath bombs. I'm into bubbles again. And it's more cost effective (than a bath bomb) . I would never split a bath bomb into two uses, but with this I get three baths. You can always break it into smaller pieces, or even use a larger piece.  

It made a ton of bubbles and the water was definitely softer and a bit moisturizing. Also, it's packaging free, so you don't have to worry about plastic waste.



The ingredients aren't all natural. But it does have some good stuff like essential oils and ingredients I don't mind.

Ingredients:
Baking Soda, Cream of Tarter, SLS, Lauryl Betaine, Cornstarch, Patchouli Oil, Frankincense Resin, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Amyl Cinnamal, Eugenol, Limonene, Perfume, Color


I definitely got it at the better price by buying it from the UK site, it is definitely not worth it at US prices. Especially because I just thought it was OK. I'm usually a big fan of patchouli, but not when mixed with frankincense. However if you are a fan of woody, earthy scents it may still be worth trying out.




No comments:

Post a Comment