Saturday, July 18, 2020

Kiwi Sorbet

I've got the Itis. Today was a cooking day for me, so I made some Roasted Sweet Potato and veggie wraps- homemade bread wraps and sautéed onions, peppers, and zucchini. I'm fighting sleep. But figured I would do a blog post before I go into fun relaxation mode. 

Starting with the Kiwi Sorbet I made last weekend. I've been wanting to learn how to make Ice-cream for a years now. I still haven't but I'm determined to give it a try before summers ends. Anyway, I came across this recipe for Kiwi Sorbet. I've had a few sorbets, and never really realized how easy they are to make until I came across this recipe. 

There's not a lot you can make with Kiwi- or at least not a lot that I know of. It makes a great sorbet flavor though. I bought the golden kiwi, just cause they were on sale and they tend to be a little sweeter and less sour than their green counterparts. 

I let them sit around at least a week at room temperature and then another week in the fridge. So they were nice and sweet by the time I was ready to sorbet. 

I just put the frozen bowl from the ice cream maker in the freezer overnight then got started on the base. I made the sugar syrup first, that way it would be cool by the time I was ready to start. Then pureed my kiwi, added it all to the ice cream maker and let it turn about 20 minutes.

And I ended up with Sorbet. Super easy. Now that I know how easy it is to make, I will definitely be making more- will probably try making my own flavors. My local store has an amazing Guava juice that would be so good as a sorbet. I could even get creative and mix my own flavors- Guava Grapefruit, Kiwi Lime, possibilities are endless.. 

You can check the recipe here. 


I wish I took a better picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment