Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Ordinary 100% Virgin Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil Review


I was going to write this post last night but I got caught up in the new Netflix series "The Baby-Sitters Club". I used to read the books as a child and I LOVED them. I wanted to find a group of friends to start a Baby-Sitting club so bad. I used to get the books from the Library or spend my allowance on the books. That's where most of my allowance went. When I saw they were doing a show, I was...kinda excited and didn't expect to like it so much. So I kinda binge watched last night...and will be finishing it up tonight later on. 

Anyway...Sea Buckthorn oil. 


The Ordinary claims:
This formulation contains 100% pure Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil that is sustainably-sourced, organic, unrefined and virgin in origin. This exceptional Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil is derived from the pulp of the Sea-Buckthorn berry. This oil contains a high concentration of rare palmitoleic acid (Omega 7) for nourishing & protecting the skin. It also offers other fatty acids like palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linolenic acid and linoleic acid as well as antioxidants like tocopherol (Vitamin E), carotenoids and lycopene that all help to protect the skin from free radical damage and to maintain the skin’s normal barrier function.

Our Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil is completely unrefined and imparts a natural scent due to its high palmitoleic acid (Omega-7) content. This scent is not an indication of rancidity. Sea-Buckthorn Fruit oil that does not have scent is likely to have been highly refined and, therefore, would contain less active compounds and would likely offer impaired benefits. The formula's intense natural orange-red hue is due to its high carotenoids and lycopene content. After application, the colour of this oil will remain on your skin until it is washed off. Please use a very small amount or dilute with other products for easier application

I just want glowy skin. And this is the oil that will give you glowy skin.

A couple months ago, I was really into learning about skincare. I won't follow most of those tips, but I still love learning. One thing that was universally recommended was Vitamin C. Apparently it's a miracle for skin and something everyone should be applying daily. They have a few different serums, washes, skincare in general that contains Vitamin C, but I like natural skincare and was happy when I came across the magic that is Sea Buckthorn oil. It has a lot of naturally occurring Vitamin C. No synthetics necessary. 

The first time I used this stuff I wasn't ready.

 It is highly concentrated. Everything I touched turned orange, my face even had an orange tint. And I was scared to sleep with it, I didn't want to stain my pillowcase. Or my clothes. 


The next time I used it, I made sure to dilute it. I tried Shea Butter and Castor oil mixed with just a drop. Still orange and you have to be careful so I make sure if I'm using it I put it on well before it's time to go to sleep. Diluting it helps...A LOT.

But...the mess is worth it for the glow I wake up to. It truly is.

I've been experimenting to make the process much less messy. I've added it into my own DIY Shea Body Butter's and mixing it into my DIY Face Creams.

I think it would be an excelling addition to body scrubs as well. I don't mix those up often.

One more thing I almost forgot, a teeny bit goes a long way so likely this 1 ounce bottle will last forever. It is a little more pricy than some of the other oils on the site at 14.90. I think it's worth the price. 

Ingredients: 
Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Oil

It has a learning curve and the potential to make a mess, but I think this is one of my favorite oils I've tried in a long while!  


No comments:

Post a Comment