Monday, August 3, 2020

Essence Cuticle Remover Review



My last cuticle remover met its unfortunate demise when I accidentally dropped/tossed it on the floor and the glass shattered. I had that remover for years and years and then it was gone in one drop. Whoops. And I actually liked that remover. Anyway, I was in need. I do my own nails and I like to do some cuticle maintenance just because it makes everything look better and by scraping the sticky cuticle off your nail plate your nail polish lasts longer.. 

Essence claims:
Fast, faster, fastest cuticle remover! This gel removes cuticles in a matter of seconds. Required time of exposure? 15 seconds and your cuticles are softened. The integrated cuticle pusher makes removing overhanging cuticles even easier. it doesn’t get any faster than this.


I got this on sale, so I only paid about a Euro for it. I think it's normally two so definitely doesn't break the bank- but it shouldn't because it's just cuticle remover. 

I like that it comes in the glass bottle. Since last year's accident I've been being much more careful and not tossing it around. I like glass because it's easy to recycle, as plastic is not. But..that being said my favorite application of cuticle remover has been the Sally Hansen one that comes in the plastic squeeze bottle. I like squeezing it on rather than painting it on. It seems hard to really get it on without constantly re-dipping the brush.

So application is...not my favorite.

As for the instructions, you struggle it on and then wait 15 seconds before pushing your cuticles. Easy. Usually I let it set awhile but lately I've been impatient and get to scraping immediately. It does OK. I'm not amazed. For the best results, it's definitely best to use it regularly for manicures or pedicures. 

I think I prefer the Sally Hansen one over this as I think it does work a tad better and lasted me for years. I'm already half-way through the bottle and I haven't have it that long.

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, CARBOMER, POTASSIUM SORBATE, MARIS AQUA (SEA WATER), PHENOXYETHANOL

I bought orange sticks to go with them. Orange sticks are my favorite tool for pushing my cuticles. I have cuticle cutters, metal ones, plastic but it's something about the wooden sticks. They just work. They last me awhile because I reuse. I don't think there's a difference brand to brand but I like them. They were double the price or the remover.

It's average. Does the job in a pinch, but probably not something I will repurchase once I run out.



No comments:

Post a Comment