Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Kool and The Gang

 


Today we talk Kool and the Gang. Their most known song is Celebration....which when I was in middle school I was in band and actually learned to play it on the Clarinet. I wish I could find my band pictures... Anyway..I took Beginner's Band and Intermediate and was all set to take Advanced but we moved and the new school wanted to put me back into Beginners. So I quit. But I loved band. We had an amazing teacher and sounded pretty amazing.

I'm getting off topic though. Back to Kool and the Gang.

I have a few songs by them. We'll start with Celebration since that's what we were talking about. 

   

Next up we have Fresh. I was suprised to see it has over 100 million views. It's a hit though so I shouldn't really be surprised. 
 

Joanna is my jam too. I don't usually keep songs with such prominent names but this song is an undeniable hit.


Ladies Night goes hard. Every time I hear it, I think of my college days and Thirsty Thursdays. I should have played this on my way out the door to go out 😋 


Too Hot is another must have on my Kool and the Gang playlist. I think this is live? It's definitely different from the album recording. They sounds great live.


I had never heard Summer Madness until I played most of their songs...where has this song been all my life? Also...this song has been sampled many times so it will probably sound familiar. It goes hard.

 
Get Down On it. Another classic. Pulling over 100 million views. Some of the best funky music ever written.


And last but not least. A song called Take My Heart...I forgot it.  It's a good one though, I got all into it listening again.


If you don't have any Kool and the Gang songs in your life, you're missing out for sure. Check them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment