Thursday, September 24, 2020

Plant Therapy Citrus Splash Natural Lip Balm Review

 I'm really trying to branch out and try more than just the essential oils from this brand. And since I've been needing a new lip balm and forever forgetting to pick it up,  I decided to just throw some in my cart.

Plant Therapy claims: 

Keep your lovely lips soft and hydrated all day long with Plant Therapy’s Lip Balm Trio Set. Enjoy the subtle shine and pleasant, natural scents these light and silky lip balms leave behind. Citrus Splash is bright and uplifting, Orangesicle is deliciously reminiscent of the popular vanilla-orange popsicles, and Peppermint Bliss is fresh and minty. 


Created using only natural ingredients, these lip balms will leave dry, chapped lips feeling moisturized and protected against harsh, damaging elements. Nourishing ingredients like Meadowfoam Carrier Oil, Shea Butter, and Beeswax ensure these lip balms are conditioning, moisturizing, and rich in antioxidants. They’re sure to find a permanent place in your purse and be your daily go-tos when your lips are in need of some TLC
.

This particular balms comes in a trio. You can't buy it separately. You get three for basically ten dollars which averages about $3.32 a balm. Not bad!

Today we are only talking about the citrus splash. So we'll start with scent. It has a subtle "citrus" scent. Nothing overpowering. Pleasant. But not a scent I would go crazy for. 

I've noticed over all the years of reviewing lip balms, my favorite ones have beeswax. And usually a fancier oil. Sunflower or Canola oil are cheaper ingredients and when those are higher up on the list, I never have the greatest luck. Luckily, this one has the first ingredient as Meadowfoam Seed oil. Which seems to be doing right by my lips. Since I've started using it my lips are softer and smoother. Also a lot more hydrated. 

It's not greasy and it's not too shiny.

It's important to note, it does not contain sun screen. Which is alright with me..but if that's something you are looking for, this is not for you.

It has a tiny hint of sweet. Sometimes sweetened lip balms taste gross and chemical. This just has a pleasant hint of sweet.

Lip Balm is one of those beauty products I believe should be all natural. This one meets my requirements!

Ingredients:

Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polyglycerol-3 Beeswax, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon SD) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime SD) Peel Oil 

Overall, great quality lip balm. Great for dry, chapped lips and actually healing them. It all comes down to scent, which is pleasant. If you are in the market for a lip balm..you really can't go wrong.


Random:

I'm have in  love affair with this Earl Grey tea. A few months back I placed a large order from Harney and Sons. I've drank through two teas- the black currant (meh), and theBlueberry Green (❤️). But this Earl Grey....I look forward to getting up and making myself an Earl Grey Latte. This and an Earl Grey from a brand called Tea Friends have been my fave. 








No comments:

Post a Comment