Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Lemon Ricotta Cookies

 It seems like it has been years since I've made cookies. Honestly it probably has been. I know for sure I haven't made any cookies in this past year. Which is a shame. I like baking cookies. Or at least I like mixing the dough. I hate waiting for them to bake in the oven.

I was pretty excited to try this recipe because I have never made a cookie with cheese in them. It's not an everyday ingredient in cookies. I think these are of Italian Origin. Italian desserts are some of the best and this recipe is no exception.



They were pretty easy. I was a little taken aback that they only use zest and not extract. So I cheated and added a teeny bit. Because we have lemon extract. But you really don't need it. They weren't over the top lemon. But you can definitely add more lemon zest to suit your taste. I would probably add a bit more next time I make them. 


The icing was nice and lemony too. Easy to glaze. I was skeptical at first because I've never iced cookies. But it was bomb. I think they were my Dad's favorite for sure. My parents said they reminded them of some Archer brand cookies they had back in the day. Except with a more home-made taste of course. 



I kept them stored in the refrigerator. Which I definitely recommend. Eating these cold are next level. They are also much better after you let them sit a day. Easy to make them ahead.

They are more "cake" cookie, than cookie cookie.

I'm saving this recipe to my Pinterest board because I will definitely be making them again. 

You can check the recipe for yourself here. If you are lemon fan, you will want to give this one a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment