Monday, September 14, 2020

Nature's Shea East African Shea Butter Review



I've been meaning to blog but laziness has overtaken my life. I recently got a promotion at work (yay!), which didn't become real for me until Payday. 

via GIPHY

Anyway...today I have another Shea Butter review. I've wanted to try Shea Nilotica for awhile. As far as I know there are only two types of Shea. West African and East. East African has less scent and is much softer making it easier to use. It's also known as Shea Nilotica.

Nature's Shea claims:
100 % all natural and organic shea butter from Uganda.


I ordered this one when they had a sale since it is a bit pricey at $25 for 6 oz. I think I got it 35% off.

It comes from Uganda...but it doesn't state whether they are sourcing Fair Trade/Fair Wage Shea. Which is something I like to see, so it does get points against it for that.

I was quite surprised at how little scent there is
. I've come to like/tolerate the smoky smell of Shea.  It lets me know the Shea Butter is not refined and processed. This does have a very faint scent of Shea. But it's barely detectable. If you can't stand the natural scent of Shea but want the benefits that come with virgin Shea, this might be for you.

It's also very soft.  Which makes it so much  easier to work with. Shea Butter can be a little too solid in colder weather. In warmer months I don't have a problem. But when it's cold it can be a little hard to work with. I tend to mix up my own little lotions and potions where I mix it with a liquid oil which makes it softer and easier to work with anyway. But this is nice if I'm in a hurry or if you aren't into DIYing your own.

It spreads easily, it's not greasy. It's very hydrating. And really does have healing benefits. Some say it's more healing.  I find regular West African Shea to work amazingly on any skin irritations, burns, etc so I wouldn't say I noticed it being more healing.

Since it is on the pricier end I tend to save it for facial use. I've started using it in my DIY Facial oil. I like using Shea Butter on sore muscles or as a carrier for essential oils but because of the cost, I don't use this particular one for that. It's my "special" Shea.

I like it. I would purchase Shea Nilotica again-on occasion.  Maybe not from this brand, unless in a mix/scent. I want to see if I can find a fair trade source for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment