Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Lush Sultana Soap Review

I bought this before the Lush soap changes. When it was cute...but was starting to look fire damaged. I'm not sure why it started changing color. This isn't my first time trying Sultana. I tried it years back and did a review which you can check out here. 

Back then I was all "I wouldn't buy it again." But here we are.

Lush claims:
Revel in Sultana’s majesty and wash with the royalty of soaps. It looks like a fancy Italian dessert, a giant nougat cake topped with succulent currants, cranberries and apricots, but this decadent soap was made to create a creamy lather with a light and fruity bergamot-olibanum scent. Your skin will be delighted and you’ll be left softer and smelling like a fancy candy shop with a touch of fruity sweetness.

4 Pounds for 100 grams

I've always loved the scent. And years later, it hasn't changed. It smells exactly like it did all the years back when I first bought it. I want a body lotion or a perfume in the same scent. I think Lush UK does have the Sultana perfume and if I end up in the UK I will definitely be picking up a bottle.  It smells so good. Kind of hard go describe- maybe floral and creamy. It claims to smell of bergamot and frankincense. I'm glad it has those oils because they are two of my favorite but mixing them would not give you Sultana.

The soap itself is creamy on another level. The lather gets a thick and shaving cream like. It really is nice. The scent is..medium. Sometimes I smell it scenting up the bathroom. Other times..just barely. And it does linger on my skin- however I don't like the lingering scent but it's not too noticeable and fades quickly. 

My skin isn't dry when I'm finished. I can probably still use a lotion or some moisture but it's not too bad.



It does have nuts and dried fruits. Which aren't necessary. They look cool but not in the bottom of the shower. I guess it does exfoliate a little. 

The biggest con of this soap is it melts so quickly. Here today..gone tomorrow. At most you can get about a week out of it. I like the feel of it but I do wish it lasted longer.


Lush uses a mix of meh ingredients with amazing Fair Trade stuff. I like their stuff so I tend to overlook it.  The ingredients have changed slightly. 

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Dried Apricots/Currants,Glycerine, Dried Cranberries, Olibanum Oil (Frankincense),Bergamot Oil,  Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronat, Sodium Hydroxide,  Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Mehtylporprional, Hexy Cinnamal


Back then I said I wouldn't buy it again....but I think I've changed my mind. I might occasionally pick it up...just because I really love the smell. Especially in the shower. 




No comments:

Post a Comment