Sunday, September 27, 2020

Lush Big Bottle of Calm Review


I couldn't find many reviews for this Online. But I knew I wanted to try one of the re-useable bubble bottles. I tried the re-useable bubble bars years ago and really didn't like them. They didn't have much scent, not a lot of bubbles, and not a lot of color either. These are pretty much the same concept...except better.

Lush claims:

Sometimes a little bottle just won't cut it. When you need bath after bath of soothing bubbles, reach for this big bottle. Simply run it under the tap until you have exactly the amount of foam you've been dreaming of, then set the bottle aside somewhere dry and draining so it won't fade away. Then sink deep beneath a cloud of calming chamomile and lavender oils and let your cares melt away.

10 pounds or 12.19 Euro

This smells like heaven. It really does. I could live with this scent shoved up my nose. It's similar to the the French Kiss bubble bar, but without the scent of Rosemary. Rosemary was the main thing I hated about that bubble bar. I'm glad they do a version without. This is Lavender, Tonka bean, and Chamomile. Typically I've hated Lavender/Chamomile scents...but this has fully changed my mind. Maybe because the Chamomile isn't strong. 

It's not the strongest scent. It filled the bathroom..lightly. I wanted it to be stronger for sure..but I think there is jut enough scent there to where I wasn't unhappy with it. I wish they made a perfume in this same scent.

I've only used it once so far. Supposedly you can use it for 8-10. I'll definitely update when I've used it up. 

It comes with a little wax top thing. Mine started crumbling off before I used it. I melted most of it off in tub on the first go...I used super hot water though. Didn't have any problems with it staining. It seemed moisturizing. And smells super good- whatever it is. 


It turned the water a pretty purple color. With some very subtle glitter that I didn't even notice on the bubble bottle. 


The bubbles lasted..maybe 15-20 minutes. If that. They weren't super long lasting but plentiful since you control how much you want.

So most importantly...it is very calming. I felt so calm in the bathtub I nearly drifted right off to sleep. 

What it looks like after 1 use

It is pretty pricey. I think I paid around 14 or so dollars with the conversion. But if I can get 6 or so baths out of it, that's only 2.30 per bath. Which for Lush is a great deal. 

Bubble Bars still have SLS...not the best ingredient but I guess necessary for bubbles. Lush has never been all natural. Especially with all the colors. But they do use nice ingredients- lavender absolute and oil, blue chamomile oil, roman chamomile oil, and tonka absolute. I just recently got my hands on Jasmine and Rose Absolute. Would love the get my hands on Lavender and Tonka.

Ingredients:

Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cream of Tartar,  Lauryl Betaine, Gylcerine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Benzoin Resinoid,  Lavender Oil, Lavender Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Roman Chamomile Oil, Tonka Absolute, Cetearyl Alchohol and SLS, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide,  Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Cinnamal, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour

I'm pretty sure this is a favorite and will make my end of year favorites. I would recommend it, especially if you like Lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment