Sunday, September 20, 2020

Lush Peachy Bath Bomb Review


 I couldn't resist this bath bomb when I was shopping for my last Lush order. I read that it was originally part of the Valentine Collection. This one and the eggplant 


🍑🍆

Pretty Hilarious.

Lush claims:

Here’s a firm handful they’ll swoon over, with peachy pink swirls of colour whirling around in the water. The perfect sweet treat after a fruity session, give this peach of your heart to someone you love this Valentine’s day, or treat yourself to a bit of naughty indulgence. Cheeky!

You'll love this if you like:
- Sweet, fruity scents with a woody undertone.
- A cheeky treat.

Benefits:
- Grapefruit oil has antibacterial effects on the skin and uplifts and brightens the mood.
- Davana oil has antiseptic properties on your skin and has a strong fruity aroma that is thought to act as an aphrodisiac.

- Rich in Vitamins A, E and K, fresh peach juice helps to maintain healthy skin, giving you a gorgeous glow.

Euro: 6.34 


This bomb has three oils that I'm not really familiar with. Davana Oil, Tagetes, and Elemi. They aren't the most common oils for sure. I have no idea what they smell like...I will probably end up trying to get my hands on them sometime later on. From a quick blog search, Elemi is in the Karma soap. Tagetes is in the Santa's Sack bubble bar, and I've never used anything with Davana until now.  It does have Grapefruit Essential oil. One of my favorites but not something I can pick out. I find most Lush products you can't pick up on the essential oil scent except for a select few.



So..I'll start off with looks. Its basically the cutest bath bomb ever and quite large at nearly 6 oz. Its also quite pricey. I bought mine from the Lush German site. 

It was a slow fizzer. And made the water have that foamy top..bath art. It was OK. 


The water color was really nice. It was a nice peachy orange  with fine glitter in it. Very pretty.


What I didn't like was the smell. I guess I could pick up on the peach....kinda. There was no sweetness to the bomb at all. And quite a bit of woodiness. I'm not sure how to describe it except..maybe a bit plastic like, and smelled like unscented lipstick. And woodsy. To bet honest, I kind a of hated the smell. I was hoping  it might grow on me..but I hated it the more I sat in it. 

So it wasn't that enjoyable for me. Which is confusing because from reading the reviews so many people absolutely love this one. Maybe I got a dud? IDK, I might pick up the Each Peach massage bar just to make sure...later on of course.  

As always...Lush is not all natural. but does have some decent ingredients. I love that there is fresh peach juice in it. Not something you come across everyday. I'm surprised I don't see fragrance oil listed in ingredients. I'm wondering if it's scented entirely with essential oils?




Not something I would ever buy again. Can't say I'm glad I tried it since the scent was such a let down. I have a few more to review and use up and then I decided I'm going to place an order for some of their Halloween items.

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment