Saturday, October 17, 2020

Lush Honey I Washed the Kids Soap Review

 The start of my weekend. I had a great weekend last weekend and am planning to have a great one this one as well. I can't wait until tomorrow! So to kill some time, I'll just write a post. Honey I Washed the Kids...a revisit of a soap I reviewed 7 years ago. How time flies.

Lush claims:

This is one of our bestselling soaps and it's no wonder why: it’s simply irresistible! One sniff and you'll need this sweet caramel fragrance in your life. But get ready to share, because it’s so gentle, buttery and scrumptious that you’ll have a hard time keeping it to yourself. We use sustainably-sourced honey in every batch to lock moisture into the skin, while aloe vera extract soothes, leaving the whole family clean and smelling bee-autiful.

UK: 4 Pounds US 7.95 Euro 4.88 

This soap is the soap that started me looking on Etsy for a dupe. I found one...bought it. And wasn't impressed. It was one of the cheapest ones I could find..but still. Then I got into fragrance oils. I bought a dupe from a compan, it called Hunny Bunny. And it smelled similar but a little too baby wipe-y to me and not enough of that toffee scent. So after some experimentation...I'm back to Lush. And while I'm all for a natural alternative....I'm over looking for dupes. I'll just stick with buying the original 

It smells exactly as I remember. A buttery, caramel, toffee, with a hint of floral. It smells heavenly. Can't get enough of the scent. It's not super strong when you go to use it. I really wish it was stronger. I can smell it during the initial rub down..but the smell just dissipates. But it wouldn't stop me from purchasing again. 

The texture of the soap and the way it melts makes you feel like you are washing with some sort of caramel. Sounds crazy but it's true. 

It bubbles up really well, cleans well, and lingers on my skin (some days). It's slightly drying depending on the day..but I think that's just my skin.

The saddest thing about it is how fast it melts. It just goes so fast! 

When I first bought it it came with beeswax. I think they got rid of it now. It was kinda useless..but cool. And probably a waste of beeswax. They've changed the shape since last time. And just a few months ago changed the shape again. I prefer this bar over the new one. I think the new ones looks dumb. It should have more of the honey comb look on top. Just my opinion. 

I bought this particular piece from LUSH UK. Which means it has English Honey.

The ingredients have changed. Some are the same but it does look rather different. 

2020 Ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, English Honey, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil,  Perfume, Glycerin, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Salt, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Baking Soda, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Limonene,, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylproprional, Geraniol 

 2013 Ingredients:

Honey Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Beeswax, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride,  EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide,Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate


It's one of Lush's most popular for a reason. It's not a perfect soap. It has flaws. But it would still make my favorites (2013 and 2020)  and I would purchase it again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment