Friday, October 16, 2020

Lush Rose Clay Salt Cube Review


I don't know what I was thinking when I added this one to my cart. I guess I was trying to branch out and try something other than just bath bombs/bubble bars. So salt cube it was. Also..these are on there way out so I wanted to try it before it was all gone.

Lush claims:

Soak sore, tired muscles with this sweet and salty bomb. A dash of cleansing rose clay is blended with exfoliating bits of sea salt to leave your skin feeling cleansed and comfortable. Meanwhile, Epsom salt will loosen tight muscles for all-over relief. Finally, a gorgeous bouquet of scents like jasmine, lemongrass, bergamot and ylang ylang will ease your worried mind. Forget rose-tinted glasses: the real path to happiness is through rose-tinted baths

 5.61 Euro/5.45 US Dollar 

When I first took it out of the box I hated the scent. After it had some time to settle it sort of smelled like a cinnamon spiced rose. Odd. But when I put it in the bath...it smelled like hot apple pie. And it reminded me of something...

From what I recall it is the exact same scent as the Phoenix Rising Bath bomb. Hot Apple Pie. Which is weird because I was expecting it to smell like Rose....but nah. I think it's called that because it has Rose Clay.

As before I liked the scent...I could smell it the whole time I was in the bath. It was medium strength. Didn't really stick to my skin or linger around the bathroom once washed down the drain. 


As for the "fizz" experience, it wasn't as fun as the regular bath bombs. It just sunk to the bottom and fizzed  out slowly into a pretty pink bath water. At first I got ombre water too..which was pretty fun.

So this is a "salt cube". It has epsom salts which is good for your muscles...and just good stuff overall to add to your bath.



It's on the more affordable side as far as Lush Bath Stuff is concerned. But still pretty expensive for just one bath. You could definitely buy epsom salts and scent them for a much cheaper price. You could probably get fancy and add clays if you have them.

This is nice though because it's plastic free. But is the cost trade off worth it?

It is definitely the same scent as Phoenix Rising..but it has a lot more oils than that bath bomb. Which is odd..but tells me most of the essential oils in the Lush stuff does not really contribute to their scent. 

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Epsom Salt, Citric Acid, Fine Sea Salt, Sea Salt and Rose Clay, Bergamot Oil, Jasmine Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Absolute, Water, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Citral, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 

Overall, I liked it. But it's the type of thing I only need to experience once. Wouldn't buy it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment