Thursday, October 15, 2020

Princess and the Frog: Big Daddy's Sugar Cookies


I'm one recipe away from being done with the Princess and the Frog cookbook. It's crazy. I've been cooking things from it for years. And it's been a lot of fun.


Anyway..the last recipe I made was sugar cookies. Surprisingly I haven't really made sugar cookies...except once. They aren't really my favorite cookie...but one day I do want to learn to make really good iced sugar cookies. At least for Christmas. I don't think that's a skill I'm going to learn this year. But I considered trying to go all out with these but ultimately I didn't feel like buying the meringue powder/making the icing.

So I left these plain.

At first I was concerned they wouldn't have enough flavor. I usually add Almond extract but I skipped in it  the name of trying the recipe aw written.

It makes and almost Walker type shortbread cookie but much lighter. With a nice buttery flavor. You can even let them brown (a lot more than most cookies)  and it just intensifies the buttery cookie taste. 

I really like that this recipe wasn't too sweet. It had just a touch of sweetness that was perfect. 

The only thing I feel I coulda done better was roll them thicker. I made them too thin. Thick is where it's at. 

I wasn't sure at first..but I'm going to save this recipe as one I would make again. They are a nice, staple, buttery sugar cookie that's nice to keep on hand.

I found the recipe posted here.


No comments:

Post a Comment