Monday, October 26, 2020

Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Mon Paris Parfum Review

 I just made chili and put fresh jalapeño in it...and my mind is blown. I've made my own chili powder before and even thrown whole dried chilli's in the pot. But somehow I have never used fresh jalapeño and I've been missing out. Anyway, I'm letting everything in the pot get to know each other..so in the meantime it's blog time.

I've had this perfume awhile now. I'm pretty sure I bought it with some sort of coupon-so I got a certain percentage off. Best time to buy. I try to have three perfumes in my rotation. But tend to pick one as an everyday perfume. I finally used one of them up so this one is getting it's chance to shine.

YSL claims:

Yves Saint Laurent Beauté introduces a new sparkling fragrance, inspired by Paris, the city of intense love. Red berries and pear immediately exude sensuality and femininity. The exotic white Datura flower, the soul of the fragrance, embodies desire and seduces the senses. Finally, this modern and daring floral scent is balanced by creamy white musks and patchouli. A passionate and unforgettable whirlwind journey to Paris. Made in France.

  1. The first sparkling white floral fragrance. At the heart of the fragrance is the datura flower. It is a legendary and bewitching flower as it is only fragrant at night.
  2. Clothing the bottle is a bow inspired by a lavallière, the classic bow at the front of the neck of a blouse. A very couture approach, the bottle is inspired by the iconic Yves Saint Laurent fashion code. This bow creates a synergy and connection with the heritage of the YSL fashion brand.
  3. Capturing the spirit of an intense love affair that has the courage of its convictions and lives in the euphoria of the moment, Mon Paris is a sensational expression of how we love now, inspired by the city of lovers, Paris. 
Notes:Dark Chypre Base, Calabria Bergamot, Strawberry, Raspberry, Pear, Dature Flower, Peony, Chinese and Sambac Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Three Types of White Musk, Ambroxan, Intense Patchouli (From Indonesia and Guatemala)

I loved the last YSL perfume I had ( Black Opium) so I wanted to try out more for sure and figured I would start with this one since I loved the name.

I love the smell of this one too! It's a modern, fruity, unique perfume. Doesn't smell old or too young. Just perfect. 

I'm terrible at scent notes...but it's worth smelling.

The only problem is...it doesn't last all day. I don't think I even get a full eight hours. And I love the top/opening notes and kinda like the dry down. But nowhere near as much as I love the initial sprays.

The bottle is really cute. I love the little black ribbon/tie around the neck and the shape of the bottle. I collect perfume bottles, and I think this will be a nice addition to the collection.

I bought the 1.6 (or is it 1.7) ounce bottle. I have a lot left, and will definitely enjoy using up the bottle. But I don't think I'll buy it again. If it makes my favorites list this year..it's because those initial sprays and the first hour or two got it there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment