Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Nivea Creme Soft Bar Soap Review



I'm in between workouts...so I figured I would knock out another post while I take a mini break. This time...more Nivea. Nivea is a German brand and I am definitely enjoying trying out things made here. I'm not the biggest fan of their stuff ...but some of it has been around for quite awhile and has been a staple for many people. I tried the Creme Soft Body Wash a couple years back and while it wasn't a favorite, it's solid. I notice this one seems to be a favorite in my area. For quite a while they had trouble stocking it so I figured it must be good. 

Nivea claims:
Nivea’s mild and caring bar soap. This bar soap is made with almond oil which gently foams and cares for your skin. With NIVEA’s bar soap you will be assured of soft and mildly scented hands. This creamy soft soap pad cleans are cares for you skin. Indulge your senses with NIVEA Creme Soft Soap Bar. This product is in balance with the pH level of your skin. NIVEA’s bar soap is dermatologically tested.
100 grams, .49 Euro Cents

Made in Germany



I prefer bar soap over liquid soaps...and it doesn't hurt that it is kinder to the environment with no plastic waste. So I was hoping this was better than it's liquid counterpart. And it isn't.

First off, the scent is very chemical and strong.  I really didn't like it. I don't usually have trouble with the fragrance in stuff...but this triggers lung issues for me. After sniffing the bar I had a hard time taking a full breaths for a couple of days. And I know it was this because I kept testing it. I had it happen back in the day when I ordered fragrance oils to play in and had trouble breathing for a few days. I had to sleep sitting up and everything. Eventually everything healed up. And likely it won't affect most people like that..but that was my experience.

As far as cleaning..lathers wonderfully. Gets you super clean and fresh. 

But left my skin gradually drier everyday.

The ingredients are....typical of drugstore. With it's main claim to fame being Sweet Almond oil. It does have animal fat ( Sodium Tallowate) so vegetarians/vegans may want to avoid.

Ingredients:
Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum,Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond Oil), Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit®), Glyceryl Glucoside, Octyldedecanol, Sodium Thiosulfate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate,  Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alchohol,  Limonene,
  CI 77891,

Overall, I don't want to say I hate it. But I hated it. The shower creme is a much better option. Or the Dove bar soaps that are made in Germany.  Anything but this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment