Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Lush Lotus Flower Soap Review


 One more post before I go into Relax mode. This time reviewing the relatively new Lotus Flower soap. I don't know much about Lotus Flower, I've never come across anything with it in it or seen one in person that I recall. So to google I went.

 
Lush claims:
You may not need quite as much help as a lotus flower rising from the mud, but we all want to look a little more glowy, fresh and fabulous on a regular basis.

A special soap with a special soap base. Rice bran oil is added to the usual candidates Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and extra virgin coconut oil. It provides a particularly creamy foam. Lotus root freshly pureed by us is rich in vitamins and also has an exfoliating effect in the soap. Enjoy the pleasant scent of myrtle oil and buchu oil, cleanse and exfoliate yourself and make your skin shine.

DE 7.80 US 7.95 


I was completely thrown off when I got it and it didn't have any sort of floral scent at all. It's kind of a candy-ish scent. Closely related to scents like Godmother and Rockstar. In fact, in my head they just mixed those fragrances and threw it in this. That being said, I'm not a big fan of candy like scents. So this wasn't my thing.

But the scent is strong and makes the bathroom smell nice after a shower.


So I was wondering why it was called Lotus Flower...there's no way the scent is supposed to be Lotus Flower-even though I have no idea what a Lotus would even smell like. Upon looking into the ingredients, it has Lotus Flower in it. I had to look up what the benefits are- but it's supposed to be anti-aging, brightening, soothing, anti-inflammatory, balancing and purifying. I want all that for my skin. Maybe I should look for more Lotus Flower skin care.


The actual soap is a pink-red color. In the new, boring, standard, Lush soap shape. It's the new ssquidgier formula that melts even faster. So this soap is here today and basically gone tomorrow. I wish they would make soaps that lasted longer. 

It does lather nicely. And doesn't dry my skin at all. I can definitely skip moisturizer if I want to. 

What I notice most about the new soaps (besides their super melty ability and the squidgy texture) is they are using a completely different soap base. It used to be rapeseed and coconut were the base for all their soaps. I'm glad to see them using different oils as the highest concentration. In this case it is Rice Bran oil. I've used a few soaps with Rice Oil, none with it so high in the ingredient list. I think I'm a fan though. It's also got other goodies, like the Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil, Lotus Root, and Coconut Oil. As always there are essential oils. I'm glad they are there but you can't really distinguish them. It's mostly smells of the perfume/fragrance oil.

Ingredients:
Water, Rice Bran Oil, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Lotus Root, Perfume, Castor Oil, Buchu Oil, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Baking Soda, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alchohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Limonenes, Color 


Overall, nice to try a soap with a new ingredient. But since I'm not crazy about how fast it melts or the scent, it wouldn't be a repurchase for me. I bought mine for DE but I see now it probably would have saved me some money by ordering it from the US site.

No comments:

Post a Comment