Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Plant Therapy Holly Berries Synergy Review

 I'm super excited for next week. I finally decided to try a "recipe" box, I've been curious about them for a couple years but forgot about them when I moved back overseas. I didn't realize they were in Germany, but they have three that look interesting- Marley Spoon, Hello Fresh, and Dinnerly (least interesting looking food). I want to try out all three...and I'm starting with Marley Spoon for the next two weeks. As always I'm off topic...but anyway on to the review.

Plant Therapy claims:

Nothing enlivens the holiday spirit quite like holly berries. With the prickly green leaves and vibrant red berries, decorating with the holly plant is one of the oldest wintertime traditions. The citrusy sweetness of Blood Orange, the crispness of Douglas Fir and Eucalyptus Dives, and the warm muskiness of Patchouli creates the aroma of Christmas stockings filled with oranges next to the tree adorned with berries. This blend may also help support clear respiration.

I bought this on major sale a couple of months ago. For some reason, I was never really interested in Christmas/Holiday blends. Except the candy cane one. Anyway, when I got this one the first way I tried it was in a body butter. 

I didn't follow the recipe as written...but I did use quite a bit of the oil. More than I usually use but still not as much as 35 drops. And I wasn't a fan of the scent. It has some of the citrus..and patchouli and then something I don't like. I don't know exactly what it is. Looking at the ingredient list the only thing I'm really unfamiliar with is the Douglas Fir.  Everything else I'm a fan of.

Diffusing it is much better. You get much more of the citrus hit. Which I think is nice initially. But then there is that "scent" again. And I have no idea how to even describe it.

I can't tell you if the scent is close to Holly Berries. I have no idea what it smells like.


All I know is I'm not a fan of this. 

I still have quite a bit of it left...so it may just need to go in the "cleaning essential oils" kit and I will mix it with other oils I don't care for or that are getting old in my collection.

Ingredients:
Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) Peel Oil, Pseudotsuga Menziesii (Douglas Fir) Branch/Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Dives Leaf/Twig Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Leaf Oil


No comments:

Post a Comment