Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Face Shop Real Nature Aloe Face Mask Review

I'm down 11 pounds! I've semi been keeping up with my workouts and eating healthier and weighing myself every Sunday and was so excited last week when I got on the scale. Now to drop another 11 pounds. But I'm going to give myself time. But on to the reason for this post. Another sheet mask review. 


The Face Stop Claims:

The soothing, hydrating sheet mask with aloe extract is gentle on sensitive skin. 

  • Drenched in a smooth serum with oil / Formula without added parabens 
  • Oriental Herb Extracting Process: The Oriental Herb Extracting Process is our special way of extracting ingredients from oriental herbs. The herbs are ground, roasted and decocted in the traditional way 
  • Air Pocket Pulp Sheet: The air pockets within the sheet contain handful of nutritional essence, providing natural moisture and nourishment to skin.

I wasn't really very interested in this mask. I was just picking them all up..they were "cheap" and easily accessible. Although if you really want the benefits of Aloe, it's best to get the plant and use real aloe juice on your face. I have definitely done that..but never constantly. 

So this mask is for hydration. Luckily..I have not had any dry facial skin whatsoever. Probably all the Shea Butter I slather on. 

So we will start with scent. It wasn't what I was expecting..but still had a "freshness" to it, without the green note I was expecting. BUT I could smell the alcohol in it. Which I didn't like because I don't think alcohol is a great skincare ingredient. But what can you expect for 99 cents?

I put mine in the fridge before I use them..because it makes the mask itself extremely refreshing. Then I let it sit until it dries out and spend the rest of the time rubbing in the serum. There was a lot. And it was slightly sticky. Not really "hydrating". But not drying either. Just meh.

In the end...I didn't feel like it did anything. And I have two juicy pimples on the side of my face. I'm pretty sure it was this mask.

I thought the brand was Korean, so was a little surprised when I read the back and it is made in China

It is a single use product that probably isn't the best for the environment.

It does have some great ingredients..among some that are probably best to avoid. I don't even see aloe in the ingredients..which is very strange. Unless I'm missing something

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Methylpropaneiol, Glycereth-26, Alchohol, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Propanediol, Panthenol, 1.2 Heanediol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Turmeric Root Extract Lactobacillus Ferment Hydrogenated Lecthin Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Shea Butter, Carbomer, Xanthum Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose Cyclopetasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide, Parfum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone

Overall, I wasn't impressed with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment