Friday, January 8, 2021

Lush Luxury Lush Pud Bath Bomb Review

 Diving right into trying out some of the bath bombs from my latest haul..I decided to start with this one since it was sitting right on top of everything else. This one has been coming out for at least the last six years. Originally it had a Lavender scent. The last couple of years it has smelled like the Lush Comforter Bubble Bar (and the bath bomb that seems to be part of the permanent line). 

Lush claims:

A sweet fizzy holiday favorite made with a soothing blackcurrant scent that fans of The Comforter are sure to love.

Never skip dessert. Fruity, festive and foaming with skin-soothing ingredients, Luxury Lush Pud is the perfect antidote to cold winter nights. Sharing its scent with our ever-popular The Comforter Bubble Bar, its sweet, blackcurrant scent features undertones of citrusy bergamot and earthy cypress. Meanwhile, corn starch creates ultra-soft bathwater, making this the perfect bedtime soother after a long daySo it's bright pink. And has a little holly on the top. Not very Christmas like at all. Not in looks or scent.



When I first smelled it, I thought it smelled familiar. It was kinda like the Comforter but slightly more berry like. As it sat, it started smelling exactly like the Comforter with the sweet vanilla coming out.  My main complaint with the other two was the scent wasn't strong enough for me. I really like the scent when I can smell it (I think it smells slightly better in The Comforter bath bomb/bubble bar). I should probably look into buying it in other forms. 


The water was fun when you first dissolve it. The colorful pods break off and do their own thing. Once it dissolves you are left with neon pink water. But beware because it stains. My nails are still stained from it. It also stained my palms and the bottom of my feet. This is the first bath bomb I've had do that. I prefer the color and non-staining properties of the regular comforter bath bomb.


It left my skin feeling normal. Not dry and not moisturized. 

It has the same essential oils as the others. My favorite Bergamot (ultimate calming oil)  and Cypress which bring in the calming, circulative, and toning properties. I like that it has black currant absolute, I wish I could get my hands on some just to play with. As always, I don't think you can smell them but I still like that they are there. 

Ingredients: 

Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Parfum, Bergamot Oil, Black Currant Absolute, Cypress Oil, Cornstarch, Gardenia Extract, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Synthetic Glitter, Tin Oxide, Limonene,  Linalool, Colour

Overall, I would just go for the bubble bar or the bath bomb that is regular line over this. I don't like the staining and at least you can get more uses out of the bubble bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment