Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Worst in Beauty of 2020

 I was about to start watching the news, but then I thought better of it and decided I'm just going to to my happy place. Workout, Blog, marathon a tv show, then to sleep. I'm tuning out today..maybe I'll be ready again tomorrow. Anyway, s ince I did a favorites post- it's time to compile the things I tried this year that I wasn't a fan of. Of course, I try a lot of things I don't like, but these are just the things I feel are a complete waste of time and money.


1. Trish McEvoy Eye Base- This might be OK for a lighter complexion but I found it hard to apply and blend. Also it didn't seem to extend my shadow longevity. 


2. The Ordinary Borage Seed Oil

I hated this oil. It smells like raw meat (except worse) and didn't do anything for my skin. 

3. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sea Salt Body Scrub

The large salt granules are ineffective, it's greasy, and gave me a few cuts. This might be the worse scrub I've ever tried.

4. Plant Therapy Refined Fractionated Coconut Oil

I love Plant Therapy but this oil was not for me. It seems to go off quickly in a rollerball..and clogs up my facial skin. There are better quality carrier oils. Wouldn't buy this again..but may try the organic. Just for curiosity sake.

5. Dove Lavender Beauty Bar

I think this might be one of the worst Lavender scents I have ever smelled. Very disappointing- especially coming from Dove.

6. Weleda Sage Deodorant/Citrus Roll On

Worst Deodorants Ever.

 7. Nivea Creme Soft Bar Soap

Worst scent...it really messed with my lungs. Not sure why I have such a strong reaction to this soap. I thought the body wash was nice though.

8. Sally Hansen Nail Rehab Charcoal Scrub

The packaging is what landed this one here. That and the fact that it's very overpriced! 

9.The Face Shop Aloe Sheet Mask

Had me breaking out. Also..the alcohol in it is not good..I feel like it just made my skin thin and  more sensitive than it has ever been


All in all, not a bad year! I found many more products that I love than hate. It's usually like that but nice to see concretely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment