Friday, January 1, 2021

Nivea Creme Care Bar Soap Review

We did it. We made it to 2021! I'm so happy to say goodbye to 2020, 2020 was rough. But I'm not going to dwell on it. I usually try to get a post in on New Years. Because if I can write a post on New Years, it means I will blog consistently throughout the year. Or at least according to superstition. Technically it's January 2nd. But it's still the first somewhere so I'll go with that.

Nivea claims:

Experience a mild hand wash now with the NIVEA Creme Care care soap. Pamper your hands with soap with the unique fragrance and selected ingredients of the original NIVEA cream. The care soap gently cleanses and nourishes your skin thanks to the formula with provitamin and care oils. In contact with water, the soap can be foamed into a velvety soft foam that has a mild scent. For gentle cleaning and care: NIVEA Creme Care care soap.

Not long ago I used the Nivea Creme Soft soap. And I wasn't a fan. But I figured I would give this one a try...because it might be better. 

It isn't.

Mostly because the scent. It has that same chemical, overpowering, head-ache inducing scent that leaves me short of breath. I really hate the scent. It's just too much for my lungs.

The lather is OK. Rich, bubbly, plentiful. Leaves my skin kinda dry. And left my heels in horrendous condition. 

I believe it's made in Germany. I couldn't find anything on the box that stated otherwise. 

The major difference between this and the creme soft one is creme soft has Almond Oil. This one is supposed to have some of the same "moisturizing" ingredients as the infamous Nivea Creme. You know, the stuff in the blue tin- or plastic if you are in the US. 

Ingredients:

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Glycerin, Perfume, Octyldodecanol, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit®), Panthenol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Sodium Thiosulfate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 77891 

Overall, I kinda hated it. I just can't stand the scent and that fact that is severely dried out some of my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment