Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Dove Go Fresh Rejuvenate Beauty Bar with Pear and Aloe Scent Review

 


I'm going to crank this post out so I can go ahead and relax and enjoy the rest of my night. But first...a review of Dove Pear soap. I did a quick blog search to see if I had ever had a pear scented anything and surprisingly...nothing. Pear scented stuff just isn't common. I think because a fresh pear barely has a smell. It's not until you bake it that I think you get a scent. 

Dove claims:

This succulent pear and aloe vera scented bar helps leave skin feeling refreshingly hydrated• Effectively washes away bacteria while nourishing your skin


• Juicy and vibrant scent of succulent pear and aloe vera

• Leaves skin feeling refreshingly hydrated

• Dove's perfect balance of freshness and care

• #1 Dermatologist recommended

• Dove's signature ¼ moisturizing cream
It’s time to brighten up your mornings and get softer, smoother skin with Dove Go Fresh Rejuvenate Pear & Aloe Beauty Bar. With its uplifting scent, every moment of skin cleansing with this Dove bar helps you feel refreshed and ready for the day ahead.

Combining the fragrances of juicy pear and aloe vera, this top-to-toe body, hands and facial cleanser rejuvenates skin as you wash, leaving you with a fresh face and beautifully scented skin.

And unlike regular soap bars – which can dry out your skin – Dove Beauty Bar contains gentle cleansers and our classic ¼ moisturizing cream to nourish as it cleanses. So let Dove shower you in nourishment – and get softer, smoother, refreshed skin every time. What better way to start the day?


I'll start with color. It looks like all the other Dove soaps...in green. Fun color. 



And then scent. This has a very nice artificial pear scent. No aloe scent..but aloe doesn't really smell that good anyway. The scent is not overpowering and is actually really pleasant. Dove usually has nice scents (except that horrible Lavender scent). It doesn't really scent up the bathroom like I thought it would and I don't really notice it lingering on my skin. It's medium strength I guess.

The lather is the most impressive thing about this soap. You get so much rich, thick lather! It's like you used a half of bottle of body wash with a few swipes of soap. And it cleans pretty well without drying my skin.

It does melt pretty quickly though. I feel like it melts quicker than other Dove soaps. 

As far as claims of rejuvenating...eh. All showers are rejuvenating on their own. I don't feel like the scent made me feel any different that any other soap..but I didn't really expect it to. It's just soap. 

More and more attention is being called to plastic waste. Using a bar soap is definitely a way to reduce plastic waste. It comes in a card board box...but it is wrapped in plastic still. I wish Dove would eliminate the plastic altogether! 

The ingredients are typical of a Dove soap. I was a little disappointed there wasn't at least some sort of pear or aloe extract. It does specify "scent" on the packaging...but still.

Ingredients:

Sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, sodium stearate, water (aqua), lauric acid, sodium isethionate, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, sodium C14-16, olefin sulfonate, fragrance (parfum), dipropyleneglycol, sodium chloride, propylene glycol, tetrasodiumetidronate, tetrasodiumedta, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), yellow 5 (CI 19140), blue 1 (CI 42090).


Overall, I really, really liked this one. If you like fruity/pear scents and you like Dove soaps, I think this one is worth trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment