Thursday, March 18, 2021

Lisa Fischer

 


I had no idea who Lisa Fischer was until my early 20's. My ears were robbed. I only heard her song because at that time I would listen to iTunes Radio (it was free back then) and this song came on kinda often. I always went for old school R&B. Lucky I did. I kept hearing this song and was captivated. I didn't even know she hit that high note until I heard the performance. Blown away.

Then I found out that she sang background for Luther Vandross (MY FAVORITE) and he pushed her to release an album. She only really did one album which was her choice. I wish she had blessed us with more. You can even hear Luther on a lot of her songs.

Anyway the song I was captivated by was How Can I Ease The Pain.


Gotta Listen Live. Allll that talent. Her voice is incredible. 


I love how they switched it up years later. This is just as amazing as the original. Very moving.


I also really love her version of Wildflower. You can hear that Luther Influence as well as him actually singing! I wish there was a version without the talking parts. But...still worth a listen. 


Check her out!


No comments:

Post a Comment