Saturday, March 20, 2021

Lush Baked Alaska Soap Review

I have always, always wanted to try Baked Alaska. But I don't know where to get it and it's one of those things I'm not ever going to make. Ever. In my mind it's complicated and I refuse to even look up videos of how to make. I used to play Sims 2 religiously...and I did watch my Sims make it though. Anyway, it's the same name. Because back when it first came out, it looked like Baked Alaska. I don't know what it looks like in the stores...but from the pics I googled, it's pretty impressive.

Lush claims:

This plastic-free Christmas soap has a popping candy crust, soya milk centre and zesty grapefruit scent that brightens your skin and mind.

So..it doesn't smell anything like Baked Alaska. It smells like a lemon related essential oil. Like a mix of lemongrass, lemon verbena, may chang, and something else. Possible the Ylang Ylang. It really smells like it was mostly scented with essential oils. Probably smells exactly like the lemon myrtle oil it contains but I haven't smelled that one yet.  It smells really good when you just pick it up..theres a note there that doesn't necessarily translate in the shower. If it did I might have liked it so much more. It has a medium scent strength. For me the scent is just OK.  

It mildly lingers in the bathroom.


Lathers nicely. Although the run off water is quite highlighter yellow. Cleans OK. And doesn't dry my skin at all. No dry patches, I can skip lotion if needed. Or if I'm just being lazy.

It does mention popping candy. I didn't find any in my piece or notice any popping. 

All Lush soaps seem to melt really quickly. Especially the new ones. This one still melted quickly...but my small piece stuck around for almost 2 weeks. Which is better than the barely one week I get from the new ones.

It has the old Lush formula which is the Coconut/Rapeseed oil base. 

Ingredients:

Water, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Soya Milk, Popping Candy, Perfume, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia Extract, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal,Limonene, Linalool, Colour


Overall, I probably wouldn't buy this one again..but if they made this scent in something else I would try it out. I think the Ylang Ylang part of the scent would stick around in other forms and I would like it more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment