Monday, March 22, 2021

Weleda Natural Calendula Toothpaste Review


 I've used natural toothpastes for the last couple of years now, I''ve been repeat buying and forgetting to post a review...cause toothpaste is kinda boring. But I'm never ever buying this one again..so I figured I would review it so I can forget about it. 

Weleda claims:

In Calendula Toothpaste, every ingredient counts towards fresh breath and a clean mouth. Calming calendula helps soothe sensitive gums, calcium mineral has a gentle abrasive action, and fennel essential oil gives a fresh, pleasant taste. There's no peppermint, so it won’t interfere or irritate palates with mint sensitivities.

Calendula seems like it would be a nice toothpaste to try. Especially for sensitive teeth. Which I don't have. But..figured I would try anyway. First off I hate, the taste. It tastes like anise/licorice. This is the 2nd time I've bought a natural toothpaste and found it tastes like this. I really hate it and the worse thing is that it kinda hangs around makes any food you eat after brushing taste awful.

It only cleans...OK. You really have to scrub, scrub, scrub to feel like it's working. It doesn't foam up as much as regular toothpaste and what you do get seems to disappear quickly. 

But I think it does help sensitivities. One of my teeth started bothering me for a little bit, but it went away quickly and the sensitivity didn't come back. So maybe it does have a purpose. But due to all of the other stuff I talked about..it's still not for me. 

I tried to do better by the environment and buy a bamboo brush. The bristles are still nylon so you can't compost that...but the handle is compostable. The only thing is I feel the handle gets stuck on my cheeks and doesn't glide like a plastic toothbrush. But...I guess at least I'm helping the environment, right? This one is the "Humble Brush"


I might try other brands to see if I can come across a better one.

Ingredients:

Water, Calcium Carbonate, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Calendula Extract, Alchohol, Myrrh Extract, Xanthum Gum, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Flavor, Limonene,

Overall, wouldn't buy it again unless I had tooth pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment