Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lush Elfie Stick Bubble Bar Review

 I'm back into reading. When I take a bubble bath, I like to read but the last couple of baths I was just watching Netflix. I finally finished 24 and I am glad I watched it all even if the show didn't end in a way that I liked. I'm TV'd out. So the next option is reading. I left off reading the Scarlett Letter. Which I had to read in the ninth grade and I wasn't a fan then. I can't even remember if I read the whole thing. But it's going a bit better now, I just keep trying to relate it to Easy A. Which is one of my favorite movies. I'm about half way through now and going to try to read the rest after I post this post.

Lush claims:

Who else needs a selfie stick if there is an Elfie stick?

Swap the smartphone for this pear-sweet bubble bath in the tub and enjoy the touch of banana scent. Surround yourself with foam mountains, behind which no dwarves live, but relaxation and fruity scents. And if you haven't yet succeeded in the perfect elfie selfie, you have one or two other options, because it's a multiple foam bath!

Effects of the ingredients:
- Labdanum resin comes from cistus. The warming fragrance makes it an animal suffering-free alternative to musk.
- Sicilian lemon oil is antibacterial and known for its deep cleansing property, which makes skin and hair shine. The oil contains so-called alpha-hyroxy acids (AHAs). These are enzymes that help to remove old skin cells.
- Vetiver oil has an earthy, smoky aroma. The fragrance has a relaxing and calming effect, which is why the oil is nicknamed "Oil of Cosiness".

This is one of the cutest little bubble bars. I don't hear a lot of hype for it. Nor can you find a bunch of reviews. I bought mine half off in the boxing day sale or else I might not have picked it up. 

Anyway, it is a re-useable bar. So you do get bang for your buck. I've used it once and I can see getting at least 2- 3 more uses out of it. 


The scent is familiar. But I can't place it exactly. It's not very strong but it does get a little stronger in the bathtub.

After 1 use

It's just a powdery scent. Nice. Very light unless you are sniffing the water. And forgettable. But still nice. And no trace of banana whatsover. I think it might be the Charity Pot scent with less sweetness. 

It made a bunch of nice bubbles, as expected. They lasted a long enough.

I'm not sure what color I expected the water to be, but you get a nice bright Shrek green. I've never seen Lush do a color like it so it was nice seeing a new color.

It has some nice oils. I have cistus essential oil. I don't think it smells anything like it. But it is a more rare oil that is great for your skin so it was nice to see it. It also has lemon and the calming Vetiver oil. Can't pick out either but I'm glad they are there. 

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cistus Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Vetiver Oil, Tapioca Pearls, Titanium Dioxide, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 


Overall, it was aight. I feel like the scent would shine better in another format. Maybe perfume or body lotion? Not sure if they will bring this one back for next Christmas...but I would pick it up if it went half off again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment