Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The Face Shop Pomegranate Mask Review


 Pomegranate is not one of those skincare/bath and body ingredients that you see a lot..but you do see it more than not. I've had a few things over the years, a few lip balms, some Midnight Pomegranate stuff from Bath and Body Works (yuck) , and a shower gel from Softsoap. When I think of Pomegranates, I think anti-aging just because of all the anti-oxidants in them and how healthy they are. Probably better to eat them then apply to the skin but I like to try almost any skincare ingredient once.

The Face Shop claims:

The firming and revitalizing sheet mask with pomegranate extract restores skin's elasticity and vitality.

Unlike all the other masks, I didn't put this one in the fridge. I just used it at room temperature. I was feeling too lazy to put it in the fridge.

The scent was lightly floral and very forgettable. I thought it would have a dark red berry scent so I was a little thrown off with the scent, but it wasn't strong or noticeable after a few moments with it on.

Its main claim to fame is that it is supposed to be firming. Luckily I haven't lost firmness in my face so I can't really speak to that. I'll just think of it as a preventative mask, one time mask.

It didn't make my skin greasy..it just gave me a nice glow. And that's it.

As I've tried the skincare sheet  masks, I've found I'm not a fan of the fact that they create so much waste for a one time use product. Probably not the best for the environment which is why after I use the last two in my stash I probably won't be repurchasing- maybe if there was a more biodegradable option. 

The ingredients aren't my favorite. There are glycols, alchohols, etc. 

Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol Glycerine, Alchohol Denat, Pomegranate Fruit Extract, 1,2 Hexanediol, Trehalose, Propanediol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimenthicone, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG 60, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthum Gum, Carbomer, Ethyhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Pehnoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Parfum 

Overall, cool to try but not something that I would buy again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment