Thursday, March 25, 2021

Omnia Brush Haul

 I promised myself I wasn't going to buy anymore brushes until I had reviewed all the brushes I haven't. But for years I've been too lazy to go through my brushes and pick out those I haven't reviewed. I used to be a little obsessive about wanting all the MAC brushes. And I bought a good amount too. Then they switched to synthetic and I lost interest. I love a lot of my MAC brushes..but a good few of them were pretty scratchy. In looking at them, I'm realizing that it's the black haired brushes, I'm pretty sure it's because the dyed/dyeing process makes them rough. Anyway...I have a list in my phone of the brushes I want to try. And these have been on the list for awhile. Finally I found a deal I couldn't refuse...40% off. So I went for it! 

I bought 6 brushes from the Gold Line, which is all natural haired brushes. I tried to get ones that I don't yet have but...I don't know if I succeeded. I do prefer animal hairs over the synthetic. I just think it's better to clip an animal than the process of making plastic into hair like bristles. 

First thing I noticed was how soft they all are. No scratchiness anywhere! And also the handles are the longest in my collection of brushes. They are really comfortable and the quality is nice...I'm not a fan of the gold color but I love the brush quality. I can already tell you I want them all. 

Here's what I got: 


 Fan Brush- I don't wear much highlighter because I have oily/combination  skin and usually my skin natural  glow (oil) comes through. But I have a highlighter and have been wanting a fan brush. I just couldn't find one to my taste. This one is super soft and applies the highlight softly. So far I like it and I'm glad to have it in my collection.


Highlighter- Another super soft brush. I figured this one I could use for blush, maybe highlight. The price for quality it amazing!



Complexion- This one isn't as tapered as I thought it would be but I think it will be nice for precise powder placement. Highlight. Contour. I tried it for contour last night and really liked it! 


Angled Stippler- I don't have any other brush like it. I think it's a mix of synthetic and natural hair. It doesn't really say on the website. But it's soft and would probably be nice with certain foundations. 


LG Crease- This reminds of the MAC 224, only a billion times better and more cost effective! My 224 is scratchy. I hate using it on my eyes. But this is so soft. 


Domed Shader- I wasn't really shocked at this brush. I wanted a large shader brush...but I think this might be better for facial application. It's a little large for the eyes...but you can get a wash of color. I don't have anything like it though so I'm happy to have it in my collection. 

And that's all. Maybe now I can get those other reviews out so I can go ahead and review these! I already washed them once (ash before you use them!). They definitely smell like animal..but the smell usually goes away after a few washes. You can't smell it as much when dry. That's the only real con. 

I'm excited to put on a full face this weekend. Next up, I need to get some brushes from Rephr. And London Brush company! But not for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment