Saturday, March 27, 2021

Schmidt's Charcoal and Magnesium Natural Deodorant



 Back on to trying out natural deodorants. I've tried a few soaps from the Schmidt brand and way, way back in the day I tried their deodorant when it still came in the glass jar. I miss that packaging- a little less plastic which the world could use less of anyway. It does seem more popular now that's it's only available in stick version. 

Anyway...I went with the Charcoal and Magnesium version. This looked like it might be the strongest. 

And I was right! 

Schmidts claims:

Award winning natural formula, Without Aluminum, without propylene glycol, without artificial fragrance 



I'll start with scent. Which I don't like. I think it's trying to be fresh woodsy scent..I don't know what it is about it but I really can't stand the scent. When I first started using it, it seemed stronger but it seems to have calmed down and doesn't bother me as much as it used to. 



It looks unlike any other deodorant I have ever seen. It's lumpy, bumpy, and rough. It just looks plain ugly. And the lumps are kinda hard so it doesn't feel the best to apply. It feels like you are exfoliating your pitts.

And it does leave little pieces on that are best rubbed in. 

But it works. It works the best out of any deodorant I've ever tried and works like an anti-perspirant without aluminum. Which is what I want to avoid. Aluminum never worked that great for me anyway.

It works all day..and most of the night without re-application. 

The problem is the extreme irritation. It causes rashes and lumps and bumps in my underarms. And it doesn't feel pleasant. Spraying apple cider vinegar and letting it dry before applying helps to lessen the irritation..but my armpits still get a rough rash that's doesn't hurt but I can feel. I'm pretty sure it's the baking soda. 

The ingredient I am interested in is the magnesium. Baking soda works..but never has it worked so well until this in a commercial deodorant I bought.

The ingredients are A-OK with me.

Ingredients:

Arrow root flour, sodium hydrogen carbonate (baking powder), coconut oil, shea butter, capryl/caprintriglyceride (fractionated coconut oil), candelilla wax, jojoba oil, magnesium hydroxide, natural fragrances, activated carbon, tocopherol (vitamin E, derived from sunflowers).


Overall, it is the best working natural deodorant I have ever tried. But it has some problems. I hate the scent and the extreme rash it causes without the Apple Cider Vinegar...but until I find something better, I will probably keep repurchasing. I wish they made the Charcoal Magnesium in a different scent at least.  



No comments:

Post a Comment