Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Sephora Cucumber Hand Masks Review

 Good Girls is back on! We spent the weekend getting caught up on the show, I'm happy it's back cause .....Rio. But I'm not really happy with the character development or lack of it. Why is Annie, Beth, AND Ruth having the exact same issues they had season 1?  But even with that I'm still happy it's back and waiting for it to pick up. In the meantime, hand masks! My sister got this along with the Watermelon mask for me for my birthday. I've been meaning to try one of these so was very excited to see it. 

Sephora claims:

A feast for the senses with naturally derived active ingredients for soft hands
Our hand masks consist of 92% ingredients of natural origin and are enriched with vegetable extracts. They care for the heavily exposed skin of the hands. The hands are always the first to be exposed to stresses such as temperature changes or frequent washing. Therefore, they need special attention during care. Sephora Collection has designed these soaked care gloves for use like a mask so that they have enough time to make your hands incredibly soft.

Two super active ingredients for hand regeneration
Regenerating and nourishing or protective and moisturizing? The choice is yours. Our hand masks are super effective for the immediate calming of dry hands.
Your secret? Carefully selected super active ingredients that are precisely tailored to the needs of the skin on the hands:

- Cucumber*: The cucumber is a vegetable known for its high content of amino acids and minerals. It contains a lot of water, which makes it the ideal ingredient for moisturizing dry hands!

Fast-acting hand masks
The gel texture of the hand masks from the Sephora Collection regenerates the skin within 15 minutes and leaves the hands soft, supple and well-groomed.

The little fashion detail on our hand masks
The care gloves are waterproof, so you can stay active while wearing them. In addition, they are decorated in the colors of their active ingredients. They feel so good that you don't want to take them off anymore!

GOOD FOR YOU
At least 90% ingredients of natural origin

Made in Korea

My hands tend to get really dry in the winter/spring. More so now that I'm using hand sanitizer a lot more than I used to. The alcohol really takes a toll on your hands. I was saving this masks...but then I figured might as well use it while I'm still having dry hands...I'm usually good in summer.



It's the same concept as the sheet masks. You put the gloves on and keep them on for 15 minutes. It acts like an occlusive and keeps your hands in contact with the gel/essence to really hydrate. But is it really better than your favorite hand creme?

Well...no. 

It is cucumber. And smells like most cucumber scented beauty things. And also something else I can't describe. But it's there and not really pleasant. In saying that, I have never been a fan of cucumber scented stuff. I can't think of a cucumber scent I've tried in the past that I liked- maybe the Dove Cucumber and Green tea scent. But that's it. I am interested in cucumber extract, just because of how great for the skin cucumbers are.

So besides the skin I was kind of surprised at the actual glove. They are kinda cute. But honestly a little wasteful for a single use product. The gel/essence is a lot like what you find in the facial sheet masks. A clear serum. 

After taking the gloves off, my hands were sticky. It took about a half hour for it to absorb and not be so sticky. And still my hands don't look or feel as soft as if I used my favorite hand cream. Or a cheaper DIY hand mask you could make yourself with some hand cream or rich lotion/body butter and gloves. Cotton gloves would be best. You can wash and re-use. Or cleaning gloves. You can do the treatment while you clean with those big rubber gloves! 

You can save the gloves and use them again until the essence dries out. I stuck my hand into the glove I used yesterday and there's still quite a bit of of the essence left. 

The ingredients claim to be clean...but I think that's just marketing. 

Ingredients:

Aqua (water) - Glycerin - Butylene Glycol - Propanediol - Alcohol - Betaine - 1,2-Hexanediol - Saccharide Isomerate - Hydroxyacetophenone - Arginine - Carbomer - Perfume (fragrance) - Sodium Hyaluronate - Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer - Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate - Polyglyceryl-6 Caprylate - Camellia Japonica Flower Extract - Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer - Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract - Citric Acid - Sodium Citrate.

Overall, I'm really happy I tried it and I'm happy to have received it as a gift. But..I think a good hand cream or a DIY option reigns supreme over this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment