Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Face Shop Shea Butter Sheet Mask Review

 Finally, the last sheet mask in my stash! And of the ones I have tried this one is definitely in my top 3. Along with the Lemon and the Ginseng sheet mask, as they seem to have made the most difference in my skin. I still wouldn't repurchase since I'm a little over single use products at the moment, but if you aren't, those would be my recommendations. 

The Face Shop claims:

The sheet mask with sheer butter extract deeply nourishes skin for firming effect

My favorite...Shea Butter. At first I thought this mask would be a waste of time. If you are looking for the benefits of Shea Butter- just apply Shea Butter! But, actually I did kinda like this mask. 

First off, it smells like the Dove Shea Butter soap. That's supposed to be a vanilla scent but I don't necessarily think so. It's a hard scent to describe, it just smells like all the other drugstore Shea Butter stuff...with a creamy, comforting scent. It's not strong or overpowering though. 

The texture was a little different than the other serums. It was kinda creamy and thicker. And there seemed to be ton in the little packet. I put the rest on my arms and neck. 

As for the after affects, I looked really greasy afterwards. It took a few hours for it to fully absorb in my skin and once it did, I had a nice little glow and hydrated but slightly sticky skin. I would recommend it as a night time mask. Or one to use when you don't have to leave the house. 

The reason I liked this one so much is because I had a little spot that was kinda painful and had been trying to rear it's little head. This mask calmed it down, made the swelling go down and the pain go away. And it worked almost immediately. Yay, Shea Butter extract.


The ingredients are...eh. I'm not a fan of glycols and cones in skincare products. The only great thing about it was the Shea Butter extract. And the Sodium Hyaluronate. But now that I know I like the Shea Butter extract I really should look for a more natural skincare product that has the extract. Any recommendations? 

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Dipropylen Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexaneoate, Shea Butter extract, 1-2 Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Panthenol, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methyl Glucose, Sesquistearate, Acrylates, c10-30 Alkyl Acrylates Cross Polymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Trisodium EDTA,  Xanthum Gum, Ethylhexyglycerin, Parfum

It definitely was a top three of all the Face Shop Masks I've tried. But still I'm not compelled to purchase again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment