Thursday, April 22, 2021

Lush Cookie Dough Lip Scrub Review

 


Cookie Dough lip scrub? Sign me up. I love cookie dough. Anytime I make cookies I always eat a few globs of the cookie dough, raw eggs, flour and all. So far, I haven't gotten sick from it and fingers crossed I won't. I don't know why more things don't come in cookie dough. Doesn't cookie dough body butter, lip balm, etc sound amazing? i Anyway when I saw this I had to have it....but then I bought the Toffee Apple scrub first and didn't pick this one up until I saw it on sale. 

Lush claims:

If you’re a fan of getting your hand stuck in the cookie jar, get your fingers stuck into this cocoa and vanilla lip scrub! Polish your pout to absolute perfection with a combination of coarse granulated sugar and superfine sea salt. An intriguing blend of vanilla, almond essential oil, carob and fir balsam creates a mouthwatering baked goods flavour that really takes the biscuit. You’ll go nuts for the blend of Fair Trade shea butter and organic jojoba oil that works wonders to make your lips feel hydrated and protected while creating the buttery biscuit base of this lip-smacking treat.

Chocolate Chip cookie dough...that's the definitive cookie dough It does almost smell like it could have chocolate chips in it but the cookie dough base isn't spot on. But similar enough and definitely smells sweeter.  The texture almost looks like cookie dough...except on the drier side. The color is perfect though! 

 The Lush lip scrubs work surprisingly well. In fact, they are my favorite scrubs. I think the cost is reasonable for what you are getting. But you can make a DIY scrub a ton cheaper. A little does go a long way and the little glass jars are filled to the brim. I've had my Toffee Apple scrub for awhile and it barely looks used! 

It doesn't taste like cookie dough. It just tastes sweet with the occasional salt hit that you get with real cookie dough which is kinda cool.

And it leaves your lips soft, smooth, smelling sweet, and ready for lip balm. 

The ingredients are great. 

Ingredients:

Caster Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Granulated Sugar, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Fine Sea Salt, Vanilla Absolute, Almond Essential Oil, Balsam Fir Resin, Carob Resinoid, Gardenia Extract, Cocoa Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Limonene, Flavour


Overall, it isn't cookie dough dead on...but I still really like the scrub. I'm not sure if I would purchase this one again because I want to try them all out, maybe later on down the line. If you like lip scrubs and aren't into DIY, I would recommend. They have become a staple for me and I think they are worth the price since they last so long and the ingredients are really nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment